Suggestion for small Improvement for the the back button

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
ed_welch

Suggestion for small Improvement for the the back button

Post by ed_welch »

The back button has two arrows one to go back one page and one that drops down a list of previous pages. I notice I keep hitting the drop-down list when I mean to only go back one page, does anyone else notice this happening to them?
Part of the reason why is because the "hit area" of the drop-down button is too big (i.e. part of the hit area of the dropdown button actually extends into the bitmap area of the back button).
The other reason is becuase the dropdown button should be on the other side, ie. to the left of the back button.
djst

Post by djst »

Yes, the final default theme for Phoenix should have the drop down arrow next to the back/forward buttons and not on top of them.
Stefan

Re: Suggestion for small Improvement for the the back button

Post by Stefan »

ed_welch wrote: I notice I keep hitting the drop-down list when I mean to only go back one page, does anyone else notice this happening to them?

Yes, but this is an error with the theme and the theme will be changed in the not too distant future (0.6?).

Meanwhile you can use another theme of your liking that doesn't have this problem. Eg Wood doesn't have the dropdown button at all (you need to rightclick the back/forward button to get the list to choose from).
Sipaq

Post by Sipaq »

See <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=174895">bug 174895</a>. You can vote for it if you like.
Sunbird/Calendar project webmaster
Visit the Calendar developer blog
vonstroodl

How about a different theme

Post by vonstroodl »

<a href="http://themes.mozdev.org/phoenix/luna.html">Luna</a> and <a href="http://themes.mozdev.org/themes/orbit.html">orbit</a> are nice alternatives to the default theme, and they have the drop down menus next to the back and forward button, althought they increase the tool bar size a tad bit.
shimage

Post by shimage »

funny, i thought orbit <i>was</i> the default theme... guess it's been a while since i tried a nightly. i'm surprised no one plugged pinball in this thread yet... it doesn't suffer from the too-big drop-down section, and the little down arrow even lights up when you're over it so you can tell when it's gonna get clicked.
djst

Post by djst »

shimage wrote:funny, i thought orbit <i>was</i> the default theme... guess it's been a while since i tried a nightly. i'm surprised no one plugged pinball in this thread yet... it doesn't suffer from the too-big drop-down section, and the little down arrow even lights up when you're over it so you can tell when it's gonna get clicked.

Orbit has never been the default theme, but the default (Classic) theme in Phoenix is still using the Orbit toolbar buttons. That will change in 0.5, when the final decision is made, according to the developers.