ie tab for Mac OSX?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
sheltiefan

ie tab for Mac OSX?

Post by sheltiefan »

is there a planned release of your ie tab that will work with OSX? i'm really tired of having to work with windows on my Mac to access certain web pages. from what i hear your ie tab is the ticket - except you say it will not work with os X. will it ever?
Euchre

Re: ie tab for Mac OSX?

Post by Euchre »

Internet Explorer is no longer included with, nor developed for Mac OS X. For this reason, you can expect that no version of IETab will be made for OS X. ActiveX, virtually the only reason you would need IE for anything, is not available on Mac OS X anyway. If you visit a site that requires ActiveX then you are stuck with using Windows and IE. Most sites that require that are for doing something to Windows itself though, like Windows Update and online malware scanning. If a site you use that doesn't require ActiveX refuses to load in Firefox, Camino, or Safari then I suggest you install User Agent Switcher in Firefox, or User Agent in Camino. Modifying the user agent in Safari is a little more tricky, with the primary hurdle involving enabling the debug menu.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Remember that IE Tab actually RUNS IE....

This means that you actually have to HAVE IE Installed on your computer.

Do you have IE for Mac Installed ?? (This assumes you have found a discontinued version and got it working)

Another option would be using a Virtual Machine or a compatibility layer like Crossover....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
sheltiefan

Post by sheltiefan »

steviex wrote:Remember that IE Tab actually RUNS IE....

This means that you actually have to HAVE IE Installed on your computer.

Do you have IE for Mac Installed ?? (This assumes you have found a discontinued version and got it working)

Another option would be using a Virtual Machine or a compatibility layer like Crossover....

thanks you - i didn't realize that. i did have windows running, but it suddenly decided i needed to activate it (which, of course, i already had). i'll need to re-install it since i can't get anyone to get me to the activation screen - i'm just stuck in a loop
Euchre

Post by Euchre »

If you are running Windows (via Boot Camp, Parallels, or VMWare) and want IE Tab for ActiveX to complete the activation for Windows - you just need to run IE that's already installed IN Windows. No part of the activation process for Windows installed on a Mac involves OS X. It doesn't need to, Windows is doing that work all unto itself. You don't need IE Tab on Firefox (or any other Gecko browser) on OS X to make use of IE's features needed for Windows installed on a Mac. The two are just totally separate matters.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
litoo0

Post by litoo0 »

man there is a version for IE that works with mac
[url=https://www..com/..../../internet-explorer-for-mac.html]internet explorer for mac[/url]
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Why post to a thread that died in 2008?

Locking due to old age.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)