Better Crash Recovery

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
JacksonFox

Better Crash Recovery

Post by JacksonFox »

I would greatly appreciate greater crash recovery options in Phoenix. At the moment, when a Phoenix window crashes, it takes down the whole application. There is no way to recover the browsing session that was lost when this happened. It seems to me there are ways that this could be helped:
  1. Each window is a seperate process (I think IE can do this).
  2. Maintain session state, which can be read and recovered after a crash (see Galeon).

I <em>hate</em> losing all open windows (with now means of recovery) when something stupid crashes the browser (like chaging font sizes).
Stefan

Re: Better Crash Recovery

Post by Stefan »

JacksonFox wrote:I <em>hate</em> losing all open windows (with now means of recovery) when something stupid crashes the browser (like chaging font sizes).

For now get the tab extension and set preferences to "open last visited".
JacksonFox

Post by JacksonFox »

Thanks for the tip, but will this recover all open tabs, or only the last open one?
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

JacksonFox wrote:but will this recover all open tabs ?

With the right settings, yes.
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Stefan wrote:For now get the tab extension and set preferences to "open last visited".

Would you mind showing me where I can set that preferenec? I looked through the Tools/Preferences menu but couldn't find any mention of "tab extension." I am using Phoenix 0.4 with RedHat 7.3 (and KDE 3.0.4 if it matters).

Thanks!
Dai
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

daihard wrote:
Stefan wrote:For now get the tab extension and set preferences to "open last visited".

Would you mind showing me where I can set that preferenec? I looked through the Tools/Preferences menu but couldn't find any mention of "tab extension." I am using Phoenix 0.4 with RedHat 7.3 (and KDE 3.0.4 if it matters).

Thanks!
Dai

In your default bookmarks (you ARE creating a brand new profile with each install are you not?) you have a link to Phoenix Extensions.
That should take you to this page
http://texturizer.net/phoenix/extensions.html
shimage

Post by shimage »

Stefan wrote:
daihard wrote:

Thanks!
Dai

In your default bookmarks (you ARE creating a brand new profile with each install are you not?) you have a link to Phoenix Extensions.
That should take you to this page
http://texturizer.net/phoenix/extensions.html

just so you know, it isn't in the tab extensions. you should still see the tab extension stuffs under preferences-->advanced-->tabbed browsing, but the "open last page visited" is in the mozilla prefs.