Proxy Authentication

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Normski

Proxy Authentication

Post by Normski »

I'm new to using Phoenix (I've currently 0.3 and I'm trying to download 0.5) and although i've setup our companies proxy information correctly within the Tools->Preferences->Connection dialog page I'm still getting HTTP 407 errors (Proxy Authentication Failure).

I've been able to get around it for internal HTTP browser testing using the "No proxy for" text box (which needs to be enlarged to a multi line text box of at least 3 lines IMO, but thats another issue) but i've not been able to find a way of providing my proxy username/password (we're using MIMESweeper IIRC at the company).

I was expecting a "Invalid Username/password" dialog asking me to confirm the details, but there doesn't seem to be one in 0.3. I'm trying 0.5 but the Roadmap doesn't mention anything about proxy authentication at this time so i'm guessing its not been implemented.
RAF

Proxy

Post by RAF »

I have exactly the same problem at work. The same error with the 0.4 milestone and the 14-11 nightly

Normski: 0.5 isn't released yet. You should get the latest nightly (for win. 11142002).
Normski

Re: Proxy

Post by Normski »

[quote="RAF"]I have exactly the same problem at work. The same error with the 0.4 milestone and the 14-11 nightly

Normski: 0.5 isn't released yet. You should get the latest nightly (for win. 11142002).[/quote]

Daft fool me realised that after posting and deicding to check on progress of download, it said 0.4 and bhoy did i DOH! it.

Still the 0.4 nightly i got on monday seems stable and so long as i use it for internal sites i've no problems.
RAF

Re: Proxy

Post by RAF »

Normski wrote:... it said 0.4 and bhoy did i DOH! it.

Hé man, I'm Dutch! :) That's just a little bit too much slang for me... :cry:

RAF
Adam

Post by Adam »

*bump*
Anybody want to respond something intellectual :) to this thread?
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

His company may be using Microsoft's Proxy Server (NTLM). That's still a no-go for anything but IE...