Private window stops audio...

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
PlainDave

Private window stops audio...

Post by PlainDave »

I always have streaming audio (radio stations) open in a non-private tab. When I open a private window, and then close it, the audio stream stops and I have to reload the page. I love Firefox 50, but this is a hassle that should be fixed.
dfoulkes

Re: Private window stops audio...

Post by dfoulkes »

I just confirmed what you are seeing... except for one exception... when I close the Private window the sound does go away... but I let it sit there for about 5 seconds and it came back on... tried that twice and it did the exact same thing both time.

As for the cause... no clue other that maybe Firefox is busy dealing with that closing and had to suspend that audio... that is all that I have... others will probably come along with more info.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
PlainDave

Post by PlainDave »

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, sometimes the audio will come back on after several seconds. But sometimes it won't come back on ever. I've waited at least 30 seconds, but to no avail.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Just give it some time... others may have some type of answer for you....
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Just a thought about the problem ... until a fix is in...

You could create another profile and name it say... Radio ... then just have it handle your radio stuff...

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

...and by using the code pointed out in this doc... for the Windows shortcut... you run that new profile at the same time as your normal one...
Opening a new instance of your Mozilla application with another profile - MozillaZine Knowledge Base