66.0.3 Won't Play Youtube Videos In New Tab

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
Ather

66.0.3 Won't Play Youtube Videos In New Tab

Post by Ather »

Even when an exception is made to Block websites from automatically playing sound. In order to play the video I have to hit the play icon in the tab, or be in the tab itself. Even unchecking the Block option doesn't fix this at all. Youtube is the one site I do want to automatically start playing in new tabs. But it's unplayable.
Brummelchen

Re: 66.0.3 Won't Play Youtube Videos In New Tab

Post by Brummelchen »

that switch is for all pages, not specific. use an extension, eg "Disable HTML5 Autoplay"
Ather

Post by Ather »

Nope, that one doesn't fix it at all. I hope this isn't going to be the new norm. I don't want to go back to videos auto playing every time a new tab is open. But it seems Mozilla designed an all or nothing approach to their "solution".

Hopefully in a future update Mozilla will realize we need to allow certain websites, and actually allow us to pick and choose. And make that exception option actually work. Or at least bring back Open New Tab In A Foreground Tab, and solve the issue that way.
~Pj

Post by ~Pj »

Ather wrote:I don't want to go back to videos auto playing every time a new tab is open.

Have you tried the Extension, "Enhancer For YouTube"? Neat features.

~Pj