Screenshot feature with Zoom-In page (Firefox 86.0.1, 64bit)

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
steo82rm

Screenshot feature with Zoom-In page (Firefox 86.0.1, 64bit)

Post by steo82rm »

Hello everyone, I would like to report a possible bug about the built-in Screenshot feature.

Lately I am not able anymore to take a Full Page Screenshot when I apply a little bit of Zoom-In to the page.
No matter what webpage we are analyzing... Seems a general behavior and actually happens also on this forum webpages.

In particular the results of the Full Page Screenshot, with a Zoom-In applied, is a partial page, sometimes it get cut along the length and not along the height and sometimes it get get along the length and the height (like on this same webpage for example).
I would like to underline the fact that until a month or 2 ago I didn't have any problem with this.

I am uploading now an image to show the result of this current webpage as a Full Page Screenshot as an example (where I have applied just a 4 clicks zoom-in to the page while editing this post - "CTRL + +").

https://ibb.co/VDzM9QX

Is anyone aware of this as a possible bug or is there a workaround or possible fix?

Thank you for your attention, help and support.
Last edited by steo82rm on April 25th, 2021, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Re: Screenshot feature with Zoom-In page (Firefox 86.0.1, 64

Post by therube »

(Your screenshot doesn't appear to be there?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
steo82rm

Post by steo82rm »

Thank you therube for your reply, I don't know why that picture is not showing anymore so I am going to post it again here and update and edit that post!

https://ibb.co/VDzM9QX

Thank you for your answer and please let me know if you may have a solution to this problem.
Thank you!
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I can replicate this bug in current Firefox Nightly. Did you ever file a bug?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/home
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
therube

Post by therube »

Looks to be, Bug 1699410 Screenshots are cropped when custom scale is used.

Odd. When I looked initially (& even now), in 78 ESR, I can't seem to duplicate.
Oh, I guess not odd. It says 78 ESR is unaffected.

(What a travesty FF's UI has become. [For me] even finding where the screenshot feature was... But Pocket, Pocket is front & center :rolleyes:.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
steo82rm

Post by steo82rm »

smsmith wrote:I can replicate this bug in current Firefox Nightly. Did you ever file a bug?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/home
Thank you, no I did not file a bug because I saw there were already a few opened on this topic...
Do you suggest me to do this anyway? I have never done it before.
Thank you,
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

If there is already a bug, opening a duplicate isn't necessary. You can add relevant details that you think add value to an open bug. Not stuff like, "happens to me, too", but specific cases where it breaks or if you can figure out when the feature last worked as expected and the possible changeset that broke it. That way they have a better chance of fixing it quickly. There are tutorials for doing the regression range analysis if you have time to do that, but the longer it's been, the harder it becomes, because you have to download a lot of nightly builds and test them all to find when it worked and when it breaks.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
steo82rm

Post by steo82rm »

smsmith wrote:If there is already a bug, opening a duplicate isn't necessary....
Thanks, I honestly don't think I have much to add or say more. I am sure it is still an open bug to solve and will take a little bit of time...

However I have just done another test with another OS where I still had installed the Firefox 80.1... it was working fine until I have updated the Firefox version and then it is when it stopped working again, meaning that now has the same behavior described above.

Hopefully it will get solved soon in the coming versions of Firefox...
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

steo82rm wrote:Hopefully it will get solved soon in the coming versions of Firefox...
Unless they do an out of band fix, it won't be, because it is still broken in currently nightly, which at this point would become Firefox 90. Firefox 89 is next.