PROBLEMS 94. BETA2 AND 94 BETA 3

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
randyandy

PROBLEMS 94. BETA2 AND 94 BETA 3

Post by randyandy »

The glitches began after installing 94. beta 2. I could boil an egg in the time it took Firefox to load the Google main page. Same delays for email feature links
and every web sight in general.

With the arrival of 94.beta 3 the performance went south. Opening and sticking on a white screen. The 'new tab' dot bouncing around then stopping. Example 2:
opens and sticks on white screen. Firefox icon upper left corner of the screen with the message ''not responding'. Example 3: Opens and sticks on a white screen.And then
a sloth-like appearance of the Google main page. The same when attempting to open a link. There are times a page 'bleeds' revealing briefly part of the a photo on my monitor screen.

I know the Beta Team aim for perfection and I expect a hiccup now and again. This is one of those now times. I haven't 'visited the forum in months because my default
browser has been my best friend.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all from Beautiful British Columbia.
Cheers, Randy Andy.''
randyandy

Re: PROBLEMS 94. BETA2 AND 94 BETA 3

Post by randyandy »

I see my note above wasn't worthy of a reply. Just as well. To the Beta team and any forum member who paused to read the above I want you to picture me chewing a mouthful of humble pie and crow!....and with it offering a BIG APOLOGY!
While I have Chrome and still turn to Internet Explorer 11 on the rare occasion I've used eiither in weeks. So very early this morning a small light bulb came alive in my head. A Eureka moment. I went to my computer and opened Chrome to find it too plagued with turtle like speed. Same for E.I. 11. Another small light glowed: I ran a speed test on all three browsers. Download speeds as low at 1.4 mbps and a high of 15 !I pay for a max download speed of 100 mbps. No wonder my system works like a sloth. Slow Mo.
A tech from my service provider will make a house call Tuesday morning.
If I feel like wasting your time I'll let you know all is well, or not. Enjoy the weekend.
Snake4

Re: PROBLEMS 94. BETA2 AND 94 BETA 3

Post by Snake4 »

randyandy wrote:The glitches began after installing 94. beta 2. I could boil an egg in the time it took Firefox to load the Google main page. Same delays for email feature links
and every web sight in general.

With the arrival of 94.beta 3 the performance went south. Opening and sticking on a white screen. The 'new tab' dot bouncing around then stopping. Example 2:
opens and sticks on white screen. Firefox icon upper left corner of the screen with the message ''not responding'. Example 3: Opens and sticks on a white screen.And then
a sloth-like appearance of the Google main page. The same when attempting to open a link. There are times a page 'bleeds' revealing briefly part of the a photo on my monitor screen.

I know the Beta Team aim for perfection and I expect a hiccup now and again. This is one of those now times. I haven't 'visited the forum in months because my default
browser has been my best friend.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all from Beautiful British Columbia.
Cheers, Randy Andy.''
how many Extensions do you have installed?

what troubleshooting have you tried?

did you try using firefox in Safe Mode?