Not opening new tabs no internet

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BoogaHead

Not opening new tabs no internet

Post by BoogaHead »

I have been having this problem for some time now after like a timer it simply will not connect to the internet not open a new tab just stays loading.
I have multiple browers all others work fine. I turned off auto updates through registry as admin on this box, update when I want to.
It would seem (I don't really know) that if you turn off auto updates through registry eventually it has a timer and you wont use internet.
This is a win7x64 box 110.0.1 firefox build. Nothing else is a problem. Is this a timer? When I don't get updates? Its defo not a cert issue.
Any help (please co-rel) would be appreciated.
BoogaHead

Re: Not opening new tabs no internet

Post by BoogaHead »

Also I kill it with process explorer, brings back tabs, have to re organize everything very annoying. Opera for example works fine.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here.
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

Thanks man ongoing issue though
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

There is probably a reg thing but it keeps doing it like when I turn off the annoying "there is an update" in the reg its got a timer its annoying.
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

BoogaHead wrote:Thanks man ongoing issue though
It is a bug though what else would you call it?
A bug or an (intended bug)?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You misunderstand. The Bugs forum is the location for discussing issues that have been reported to Mozilla on Buzilla and assigned a tracking number. Ax that is not the case here, that was not the correct location, pending such a determination.
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

I misunderstand? Been gong on for a year or so.But thank you for your help.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You misunderstand the purpose of the Support and Bugs forums, not the nature of your issue. Just the way that we deal with such things here in terms of organizing the fora.
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

Well ok then I get no help from Mozilla if someone could help me here it would be nice. Thanks you for your time.
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

try uninstalling firefox, removing all of the leftover files-n-folders and regkeys and then doing a clean reinstall of firefox.

you said that your registry-tweaks probably are responsible for the problems. in addition to that, your other tweaks could be causing problems, too. try doing a clean reinstall of firefox and then see if it doesn't then function as well as the other browsers that you have installed.

for future reference, if your tweaks cause problems, you can resolve the problems by creating a new firefox profile rather than doing a clean reinstall of firefox. however, in this case, where you say that your registry-tweaks are most likely the cause of the problems, creating a new clean problem-free firefox profile will not fix the problems that you have created with your registry-tweaks.

incidentally, i have never heard of anyone's using registry-tweaks to tweak firefox, before. since you believe that your registry-tweaks are the source of the problems, maybe it would be best not to tweak the registry?
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

BoogaHead wrote:Well ok then I get no help from Mozilla if someone could help me here it would be nice. Thanks you for your time.
"mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation"
Have you tried visiting Bugzilla to see if the problem you are having has already been reported? Mozilla can't help if they don't know you are having a problem.
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

DanRaisch wrote:"mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation"
Have you tried visiting Bugzilla to see if the problem you are having has already been reported? Mozilla can't help if they don't know you are having a problem.

Thanks Dan I know this ive kind of been around a while lol
Im just trying to figure out why this keeps happening it is very weird.
Ive done so much testing and it would seem like its something I could change in about:config.
But now about:config is so huge I don't know even where to begin ive been looking through it and can find nothing I can see which would cause some kind of timer when you turn off auto updates in registry. But im sure its there somewhere.
Last edited by BoogaHead on April 1st, 2023, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

DanRaisch wrote:"mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation"
I have reported it sent logs to them they don't reply its almost as if they know why its doing it but don't want to disclose it.
That is why im here someone here surely will experience it. If I turn on auto updates in registry it doesn't do it.
So its part of their annoying forced auto updates thing they wont disclose. I update once a week the annoying popup of updates interrupts my workflow.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I have reported it sent logs to them they don't reply its almost as if they know why its doing it but don't want to disclose it.
Not at all. Those reports are collected for statistical purposes based on the error codes. It's unlikely anyone has reviewed the information with the intention of calling anyone with diagnostic findings. Unless it's a major security issue there would be no reason to announce/disclose finding. Thinks just don't work that way. They would simply correct any problem in a future update, at which point it might be listed in the release notes..