FF 113.02 - Anyone Having Problems?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
greybeard2012

FF 113.02 - Anyone Having Problems?

Post by greybeard2012 »

I have FF on one Win7 Pro 64 bit PC which I keep up to date and have not had any problems doing so. Although I was wary of updating to FF 113.01 because of reported trouble with YT videos I did that last weekend, after I'd read that the problem had been fixed.

That appeared to be true and I've certainly had no problems with FF 113.01 on that PC after updating.

However just a few hours ago I updated it to FF 113.02 as part of my weekly maintenance and updating schedule. It appeared to go OK but there were things unusual about FF's behaviour afterwards. When the update had finished installing it hung on an almost blank white screen, no toolbar or tab bar, just the FF logo top left for thirty seconds before it started to load the FF Dark Theme I use.

That took another thirty seconds.

I assumed this was just an update thing so cleared the history, closed FF and restarted. Same slow launch problem but no white screen this time, just the basic FF Dark Theme GUI, no homepage but after thirty seconds that does load and FF behaves as normal. I tried it again - same thing, its taking about three times longer to launch.

Using the Restore Point I always put in before my weekly maintenance reverted it back to FF 113.01. No problems with that - FF 113.01 launches like earlier versions in about ten seconds as normal.

Anyone else here had anything similar after updating to FF 113.02?
DanRaisch

Re: FF 113.02 - Anyone Having Problems?

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here.
greybeard2012

Post by greybeard2012 »

Just to update: I tried using the portable (default) version of FF 113.02 but on another Win7 PC just to see what happened.

No similar problems, so I'm wondering if this is might be theme compatibility issue, as said, I use the FF Dark theme on the other PC only and my homepage is Google where I've turned off the annoying insistence of using the matching web site dark theme by default.

I've had problems with that in the past where FF or Google has 'forgotten' my settings or seems to take longer, initially, to load the Light theme. Just for a few seconds you can often see it swapping from the Dark theme as the homepage loads. But this issue is much more significant than that.

I'll have to try turning off the FF Dark theme to see if that is it if I don't get any confirmation that this is a more general FF v113.02 problem.
therube

Post by therube »

You can try opening FF in Safe Mode & see if that makes any difference.
If it does, that may point to an extension/theme issue (though FF doesn't really have "themes" any longer).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript