Phoenix, Acrobat and Windows

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
David James

Phoenix, Acrobat and Windows

Post by David James »

I quietly installed Phoenix on a computer in the economics computer lab a little while ago (and, as best I can tell, some people are using it because not all the websites in the history are ones I've been to). Anyway, use of Page Up and Page Down seems to be broken in Acrobat with Phoenix. It works with Netscape 4 and it works in Linux here at home but not with Windows. Odd. I think it was Acrobat 4.0 and I seem to recall it working with 5.0 on a different computer. Still weird though as the latest Linux version is 4.0.

So is anyone else seeing this?
Pinball-Firefox maintainer.
http://david.jamesnet.ca/
Debian Sid, KDE 3.3
pbates

Acrobat 5.0 page up/down works in Phoenix 0.4 on Win98

Post by pbates »

I just tried it on my Win98 system with Acrobat Reader 5.0 on Phoenix 0.4 and it worked fine, so....
flii

Re: Acrobat 5.0 page up/down works in Phoenix 0.4 on Win98

Post by flii »

pbates wrote:I just tried it on my <i>Win98 system</i> with <i>Acrobat Reader 5.0</i> on Phoenix 0.4 and it worked fine, so....

yes, pbates, but he said:

David James wrote:It works with Netscape 4 and it works in Linux here at home but not with Windows. Odd. I think it was <b>Acrobat 4.0</b> and I seem to recall it <b>working with 5.0</b> on a different computer. Still weird though as the latest <b>Linux</b> version is 4.0.

he's neither using win98 nor reader 5.0.
David James

Post by David James »

Flii wrote:
pbates wrote:I just tried it on my <i>Win98 system</i> with <i>Acrobat Reader 5.0</i> on Phoenix 0.4 and it worked fine, so....

yes, pbates, but he said:

David James wrote:It works with Netscape 4 and it works in Linux here at home but not with Windows. Odd. I think it was <b>Acrobat 4.0</b> and I seem to recall it <b>working with 5.0</b> on a different computer. Still weird though as the latest <b>Linux</b> version is 4.0.

he's neither using win98 nor reader 5.0.

That's right... at home I use Linux with Acrobat 4.0, where Page Up and Page Down work. The computers in the lab are all Win98, three of which (of 14) now have Phoenix on them courtesy of me :). The one I was using today had Acrobat 4.0, which did not work. At some point in the past, I used one of the other 3 (obviously) and I don't recall it not working, and I think it had 5.0 rather than 4.0. So the problem I think lies with Phoenix, Win98 and Acrobat 4.0. Netscape 4.7, Win98 and Acrobat 4.0 works though. Perhaps I should just upgrade the lab's computers to Acrobat 5.0 as I use them...
Pinball-Firefox maintainer.
http://david.jamesnet.ca/
Debian Sid, KDE 3.3
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

David James wrote:So the problem I think lies with Phoenix, Win98 and Acrobat 4.0. Netscape 4.7, Win98 and Acrobat 4.0 works though. Perhaps I should just upgrade the lab's computers to Acrobat 5.0 as I use them...

Curerent Acrobat Reader for Winbloat is 5.1.