MozillaZine

Two windows open on link from Pegasus

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
old Neil Parks

Post Posted November 5th, 2002, 12:55 pm

Using 11/4 nightly on Win ME.

My email client is Pegasus. If an email contains a link, I can click on that link in Pegasus and it will display in my web browser.

If my default browser is Phoenix, and Phoenix is already open, the link will display in the current window.

But if Phoenix is not already open when I click the link, then Phoenix will start up with 2 windows open. The first window displays the page it is supposed to display, and the second window is a blank screen. The address bar and the status bar of the second window show the numeral "1" and nothing else.
Last edited by old Neil Parks on November 5th, 2002, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djst

Post Posted November 5th, 2002, 1:44 pm

I don't think it's a good idea to abuse the sticky feature. It will probably be removed if people starts to use it just to make their posts show up on the first page.

laszlo

Post Posted November 5th, 2002, 1:59 pm

WFM, Phoenix 20021101 nightly, Pegasus 4.01. This may also be a problem with your settings in Pegasus. How is it configured (Tools > Options > Incoming Mail > Hyperlinks > When opening a WWW Hyperlink)? I've set mine to find the browser automatically, not to use URLPROXY.EXE, no commandline, no non-standard URLs for IE.

old Neil Parks

Post Posted November 5th, 2002, 2:37 pm

djst wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to abuse the sticky feature. It will probably be removed if people starts to use it just to make their posts show up on the first page.

I didn't know what the "sticky" does. I thought it meant that reply msgs couldn't change the Subject line. But obviously I was wrong about that.

old Neil Parks

Post Posted November 5th, 2002, 2:45 pm

laszlo wrote:When opening a WWW Hyperlink)? I've set mine to find the browser automatically, not to use URLPROXY.EXE, no commandline, no non-standard URLs for IE.

That did it. Thanks.

Return to Firefox Bugs