Page Refreshing Regression

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
MediumDave

Page Refreshing Regression

Post by MediumDave »

A Problem where a page would continue to refresh itself over and over was in the .4 milestone, then was fixed in

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021112 Phoenix/0.4

And is now back in

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021119 Phoenix/0.4

a sample test page is

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

No problems here
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021118 Phoenix/0.4
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

No continuous refresh here either (20021119).
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Using 11/19 nightly under Win ME, page referenced in first msg looks fine.
RAF

Post by RAF »

laszlo wrote:No continuous refresh here either (20021119).

That's funny! I use the same build and it keeps refreshing...
New profile and all... W2K SP3
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

RAF wrote:
laszlo wrote:No continuous refresh here either (20021119).

That's funny! I use the same build and it keeps refreshing...
New profile and all... W2K SP3

What do you mean by "keeps refreshing"? Is the page actually rendered over and over again?

In my build the status bar still shows "Transfering data from..." after the page is completely loaded (including all flash crap), but no actual transfer happens. That's a different (Mozilla) bug appearing from time to time, but it's not specific to Phoenix.
RAF

refresh

Post by RAF »

The progress indicator on the right side of the taskbar keeps starting (after the full page is loaded, DSL) over while on the left of the status bar it states:

Sending request to....
Transferring data....
Done

- Now the page goes blank, except black background color, and then

The progress indicator on the right side of the taskbar keeps starting over (after the full page is loaded, DSL) while on the left of the status bar it states:

Sending request to....
Transferring data....
Done

etc. etc.
laszlo

Re: refresh

Post by laszlo »

RAF wrote:The progress indicator on the right side of the taskbar keeps starting (after the full page is loaded, DSL) over while on the left of the status bar it states:

Sending request to....
Transferring data....
Done

- Now the page goes blank, except black background color, and then

The progress indicator on the right side of the taskbar keeps starting over (after the full page is loaded, DSL) while on the left of the status bar it states:

Sending request to....
Transferring data....
Done

etc. etc.

OK. Well, they have some older Dreamweaver generated functions in there to reload the page when the window is resized, but they're only supposed to fire when appName == Netscape and appVersion == 4.x. Strange.

EDIT: One of the functions only checks for appName == Netscape, but it is only assigned to an onresize handler, so as long as you don't resize the window there shouldn't be a problem. Hmmm...
RAF

Post by RAF »

laszlo wrote:OK. Well, they have some older Dreamweaver generated functions in there to reload the page when the window is resized, but they're only supposed to fire when appName == Netscape and appVersion == 4.x. Strange.

Can it be theme-related? I just tried with the same build (1119) and another profile [I think the only difference is a mix of themes - Bluecurve and Sky Pilot, both not official Phoenix themes] and the the page loads correctly but the Transferring from... won't go away...

But at least it doesn't refresh or resend (I'm not really technical in this area).

On the one with troubles I have Phoenity installed.

Although I don't see how the Dreamweaver code fits in...

Thanks,
RAF

EDIT: I don't rezise anything....
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

RAF wrote:Can it be theme-related? I just tried with the same build (1119) and another profile [I think the only difference is a mix of themes - Bluecurve and Sky Pilot, both not official Phoenix themes] and the the page loads correctly but the Transferring from... won't go away...

But at least it doesn't refresh or resend (I'm not really technical in this area).

On the one with troubles I have Phoenity installed.

EDIT: I don't rezise anything....

I don't know if the theme could make a difference in this case, I'd say no, but everything's possible :D I'm using the default theme, adapted by userChrome.css to be a little smaller.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Themes could lead to strange problems that doesn't _seem_ related in any way.

Just to makes sure, delete your profiles and don't install new themes and see if the issues persist on that page.
If they go away make sure to post about it in the themes section so the themers can fix it.