Possible personal toolbar bug

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
mesostinky

Possible personal toolbar bug

Post by mesostinky »

I've noticed in the recent nightlies including today's that if my personal toolbar has more items then the bar can hold, the entire rendering window just bounces up and down constantly. It does this on two machines thus far.
To test, add several items (folder/bookmarks) to your personal toolbar and then see if you can get it to bounce. The only thing that makes it stop every single time is to go to manage bookmarks and remove the extra item that pushs the toolbar in overflow.
I need someone to verify for me. Thanks.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Have you remembered to delete your profile in the Application data folder?
Are you using anything but the default theme?
have you imported old bookmarks?

All these could potentially give you problems so first try them and see if you can still reproduce the problem.
mesostinky

Post by mesostinky »

Well I narrowed it down to a theme I am trying out. Iceman's Jaguar theme to be specific, too bad Phoenix doesn't play well with it but its not the end of the world though. I also forget to mention that it was happening earlier when viewing Quicktime trailers. And just FYI that point I did NOT have extra folders or boomarks in the personal toolbar.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Well, report the bug to the theme creator and it will be fixed :)
djk

there's a similar bug with Phoenix default theme

Post by djk »

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=178884

If you place an overflowed bookmarks bar directly next to the menubar, strange resizing happens.