FireFox CRASHES ALL THE TIME

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
nairrb

Re: FireFox CRASHES ALL THE TIME

Post by nairrb »

Has anybody tried checking the system memory (RAM) for its serviceability yet? I have been suggesting in all of my posts: however, no one seems to try it and post a response. Since this problem of this same nature is resolved by changing the RAM of my computer, and me finding no such suggestions anywhere, I was posting this opinion time and again. If no one wants to even give it a try, this suggestion ends here.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

LoudNoise wrote:In the address bar type about:crashes and copy and paste a couple of the links under Report ID.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

nairrb wrote:The same problem of mine solved after finding out a RAM error and replacing it. How about trying that on yours too before changing your browser? ](*,)

Yes, that and bad video drivers are probably the two most likely causes of this sort of problem.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

acluett89...
Since there hasn't been a response, your sig has been removed.
Please do not post commercial sites.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
ngwasuma

Post by ngwasuma »

You can try to reset firefox to default settings: see http://computing-tips.net/Solution_Rese ... t_settings
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

ngwasuma,

Creating a new profile, which has been mentioned multiple time in this thread is the easiest solution for starting over brand new. Please do not recommend resetting Firefox preferences when it's not necessary and can cause a inexperienced users confusion by losing certain things, like their bookmarks.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
the_erv

Post by the_erv »

My Firefox crashed everytime that I would try to run it. I uninstalled it, downloaded a new version and reinstalled it. It continued crashing everytime. I was able to use other browsers without any problems. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. I decided that the problem must be something external to Firefox. As has been the case with windows operating systems since its first launch, it was a good time to restart the computer. Upon restarting my system, Firefox ran without crashing. If this solution fails to help someone, you might want to do a System Restore to an earlier version. The continual crashing of Firefox is most likely due to something external to Firefox.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking this due to the age of the OP.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)