FireFox CRASHES ALL THE TIME

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
roparr2

Re: FireFox CRASHES ALL THE TIME

Post by roparr2 »

So the link, (for instance http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/i ... 1022090902) stays on the web, accessible to me if I want to go back after a few and compare them myself?

Stormy1--try FF in Safe-Mode, and let us know if it still crashes. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Self-built: Win XP Pro SP3/ 3 GB RAM/ 3GHZ P4 dual core 32-bit
Backup: Self-built--Win XP Pro SP3 P3 750 MHZ
FF 3.5.6 / TB 2.0.0.23 - 3 POP3 accounts --- Originally joined 2004
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

"roparr2" So the link, (for instance http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/i ... 1022090902) stays on the web, accessible to me if I want to go back after a few and compare them myself?

Yep... you and the whole world.
Last edited by dfoulkes on December 3rd, 2009, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
roparr2

Post by roparr2 »

Thanks.
Self-built: Win XP Pro SP3/ 3 GB RAM/ 3GHZ P4 dual core 32-bit
Backup: Self-built--Win XP Pro SP3 P3 750 MHZ
FF 3.5.6 / TB 2.0.0.23 - 3 POP3 accounts --- Originally joined 2004
nairrb

Post by nairrb »

One of the reason the Mozila Crashes would likely be a faulty RAM. Please check your system's memory by using any memory checking software. If you find any read/write errors by running that software, you could probably save the day by replacing your machine's memory. This would probably fix the problem. [-o<
Jeroi

Post by Jeroi »

I have same issue. Firefox started with it's new version to crash once a day. Now it crashes right away. Even if I try just to remove my addons "oooops,firefox crashed" message. This latest version seems to have a lot of crashing and is very very buggy.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Sigh.
Try safe mode http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
If that does not work try a new profile http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
nairrb

Post by nairrb »

Jeroi wrote:I have same issue. Firefox started with it's new version to crash once a day. Now it crashes right away. Even if I try just to remove my addons "oooops,firefox crashed" message. This latest version seems to have a lot of crashing and is very very buggy.

Try checking your RAM. With a RAM that has read/write errors could cause this. In that case, I am afraid, Firefox would crash in safe mode and/or if addons are disabled. :(
dstarr

Post by dstarr »

Of course bad RAM with crash every program on the machine, including windows. If Firefox 3.5 is the only program that crashes, and all your other programs run properly, it is more likely to be a bug in Firefox.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

If you have tried safemode and a new profile and it has not worked try this:
Remove Firefox using Windows add/remove.
Download Firefox again.
It will suggest install the program to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox"
Change that to install in "C:\Program Files\Firefox"
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
nairrb

Post by nairrb »

dstarr wrote:Of course bad RAM with crash every program on the machine, including windows. If Firefox 3.5 is the only program that crashes, and all your other programs run properly, it is more likely to be a bug in Firefox.

I totally agree with you on that, but surprisingly with defective RAM, (not a totally unserviceable one) the crash occurs with Firefox as well as IE, especially when multiple windows are open or more graphics-containing pages are opened. After that, it becomes chronic that each time you reopen Firefox, it shows only the crash warning. The situation gets better when you restart the machine and then open Firefox or IE. Maybe it is because the good part of the RAM is already occupied by the Windows at start up. When the left over is accessed and when it comes to the defective part, the last loaded program crashes.

Thus, to delineate the RAM's condition and to rule out that RAM is the culprit, I think it would be better if checked with a software like MemTest.
Trish44

Post by Trish44 »

I'm having the same problems as a lot of others, that is that Firefox is crashing every few minutes every time I open it. I have tried running in safe mode, but it still crashes in that too. I tried disabling all my extensions, they almost all were anyway & it has not made any difference. I have not tried making a new profile since I read it won't make any difference. I keep sending in crash reports, but this is getting really old. I hope someone finds an answer quick! Otherwise I may have to find another browser to use & that would be a shame since I've been using Firefox for years & have really liked it up to this point.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

In the address bar type about:crashes and copy and paste a couple of the links under Report ID.
Post wrangler
nairrb

Post by nairrb »

Trish44 wrote:I'm having the same problems as a lot of others, that is that Firefox is crashing every few minutes every time I open it. I have tried running in safe mode, but it still crashes in that too. I tried disabling all my extensions, they almost all were anyway & it has not made any difference. I have not tried making a new profile since I read it won't make any difference. I keep sending in crash reports, but this is getting really old. I hope someone finds an answer quick! Otherwise I may have to find another browser to use & that would be a shame since I've been using Firefox for years & have really liked it up to this point.

The same problem of mine solved after finding out a RAM error and replacing it. How about trying that on yours too before changing your browser? ](*,)
acluett89

Post by acluett89 »

My Mozilla Fireox crashes very frequently when I'm browsing, uses back page,
open a new tab, or leave it for few hours since it's been updated to the
latest version 2..0.0.9.

I've tried uninstall and reinstall but it still happens. Is there a fix
patch I can download or update from?

Please help. It is getting annoying to have to restart session or new
session so many times a day.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

acluett89...
Would you please remove the Commercial link in your sig, thanks.
Please read The Rules.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)