Memory Leak?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

rth wrote:Note, that's a page with a bunch of high resolution JPGs of scantily clad women.

8-[
leff-jason42

Post by leff-jason42 »

I have been having the refresh problem pretty severly with as few as 5 tabs open. A few days ago I installed the unofficial 2003-07-14 build from aebrahim and I haven't encountered the problem since. I know it's not proof of a fix, but I'm happier than I was on monday morning.
The build is here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=15786&highlight=
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

There was a bugzilla post in the GDI leak bug today saying that sometimes setting the memory cache to 4096 is still too high. One user said to fix it he set his memory cache to 2048. I haven't gotten around to trying this myself though. Also interestingly enough, turning the memory cache OFF seems to make this problem significantly worse. That I can confirm, I turned my memory cache off for a few days and had more GDI problems than ever.
Magungo

Post by Magungo »

cyber-ops wrote:my problem is that firebird keeps growing and growing until i minimize it. if i let it go for a while it gets up to 30mb - but then i minimize it and it goes down to almost nothing. but as soon as i restore it and start surfing it starts growing again.

is this normal behavior? it's been this way ever since phoenix. currenly using 20030608 (which is a relatively old nightly). does the new nightlies do better? anyone else notice this?

i have this same exact problem, running windows xp pro SP1, last thing i installed was a flash player, but i backed up all.js. i also have the autoscroll extension installed as well. running firebird 0.6 from the frontpage. ithe memory usage just grows and grows until i minimize..which it then drops back to around 13 megs. one time i left my browser open and cooked dinner and it grew to about 80 megs usage. if any more info is needed just ask.