<tr height=1> rendered as more than 1 px high IGNORE

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
spin_doctor

<tr height=1> rendered as more than 1 px high IGNORE

Post by spin_doctor »

Even with table border, cellspacing, cell padding set to 0, a 1 px high table row is rendered as a fat line, maybe 3 px high.
Last edited by spin_doctor on November 7th, 2002, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balboa

Post by Balboa »

I don't think tr tags support height. Try setting the td tag height attribute instead.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

BTW, you should neighter abuse <table> for layout nor is that examplepage Valid HTML.

If it's your page, I suggest you start with fixing the errors on the page first before you expect a Geckobrowser to work 100%.

http://validator.w3.org will help you fix the code.

BTW, you will also need a STRICT doctype to trigger standards compliant parsing in Gecko eg
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
Sipaq

Post by Sipaq »

Stefan wrote:BTW, you should neighter abuse <table> for layout nor is that examplepage Valid HTML.
Unfortunately, most other browsers still have a lot of problems with a full DIV-based layout. Therefore I'm still using tables for layouting webpages. And all of them validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict or even XHTML 1.1, so I don't really see the need to switch to DIVs.
Sunbird/Calendar project webmaster
Visit the Calendar developer blog
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Sipaq wrote:all of them validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict or even XHTML 1.1

That is impossible since the site doesn't even have a DOCTYPE, let alone a valid STRICT one...
Sipaq

Post by Sipaq »

Stefan wrote:

That is impossible since the site doesn't even have a DOCTYPE, let alone a valid STRICT one...
I was talking about my own webpages, which use tables for layouting purposes and validate just fine.
Sunbird/Calendar project webmaster
Visit the Calendar developer blog
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Sipaq wrote:
Stefan wrote:

I was talking about my own webpages, which use tables for layouting purposes and validate just fine.

The only link to an example page which showed this error (which is the topic of this thread) is invalid HTML. It's impossible to comment on stuff you do not link to...
If you start refering to other pages... post a link...

BTW, the validator can only find semantical errors, not logical errors (like abusing <table> for layout). A tip for you is to read what the actual spec sais about using tables for layout.