Ctrl-Alt-Enter in URL bar

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
Mook

Ctrl-Alt-Enter in URL bar

Post by Mook »

I wanted to post this here for a bit to see if anyone else sees it; at least this one should be Phoenix specific. So I'm posting this in Bugzilla-helper format :)

Build: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021204 Phoenix/0.4

Summary:
Open new tab while canonizing URL from URL bar doesn't work
[I need a better summary - this is not likely for people to find]

Reproducible: Always

Steps to reproduce:
1) Type a domain name that needs to be canonized - e.g., "mozilla".
2) Press ctrl-shift-enter and see it go to "www.mozilla.org".
3) Focus on URL bar and press alt-enter and see it open the (existing) address in a new tab.
4) Now re-enter "mozilla" and press ctrl-shift-alt-enter.

Actual Results:
Nothing happens.

Expected Results:
New tab is opened that goes to www.mozilla.org
("mozilla" -> "www.mozilla.org" -> open in new tab)

Trying to find the problem:
From what testing I could manage to do, it looks like ctrl-shift-alt-enter isn't being passed to handleURLBarCommand() in browser.js at all. No idea where that gets called, all I know is that it's not in browser.js.

Anybody else seeing this? (I'd imagine so, but still maybe my machine is just weird) Espeically the Linux people... Or is ctrl-shift-alt-enter some reserved keystroke on certain platforms? Actually, there doesn't seem to be any ctrl-shift-alt combos listsed <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/accessibility/mozkeylist.html">here</a> at all...
Abiku

Post by Abiku »

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but it seem to be a tab-related problem, so I'm posting my reply here.

I, too, occasionally see this problem where I'll open a new tab and a page will load in it. Then, when I try to do anything like click a link, right-click and open an image (or link) in a new tab (or window, if I'm not using single-window mode at the time), it'll do nothing at all -- it doesn't even pretend to try to load it.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the particular build (and I doubt this is going to be helpful in relation to this post...) because it's happened sporadically for a while and I've been upgrading to the latest nightly pretty regularly. :-/