middle click selection in window broken?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
mojavelinux

middle click selection in window broken?

Post by mojavelinux »

It seems as though the middle click selection in window is broken. When I middle click in a window in phoenix nothing happens...but I would expect it to load the url in my selection. I do not yet have the tab browser extension installed, so it isn't that. If I middle click on a link, it does open in new tab, that works, but not a naked middle click.
michal017

Post by michal017 »

double click and drag selected link to address bar or to empty space in tab bar.. it's discussed in General forum, I guess..
mojavelinux

Post by mojavelinux »

right, but I meant something you copied from somewhere else, like a text document...or one you pull up from your clipboard history...how do you then activate that?
michal017

Post by michal017 »

I think I don't understand..
I thought your post is about opening a link that is plain-text on a page..
mojavelinux

Post by mojavelinux »

Yeah...the default behavoir in linux anyway (and I know mozilla does this by default) is when you press the middle mouse button in an open space anywhere on the webpage it starts loading the contents of the current clipboard selection as the URL. If you press the middle mouse button in a input box anywhere in unix, it pastes the contents of the current selection in the clipboard, so browsers just extend this by taking the text and loading it in the current window.
mojavelinux

Post by mojavelinux »

still no luck on this one...should this be reported as a bug. Middle mouse button paste in the window should cause the browser to start loading the URL, just like in mozilla, but this is not working in phoenix.
asa

Post by asa »

mojavelinux wrote:still no luck on this one...should this be reported as a bug. Middle mouse button paste in the window should cause the browser to start loading the URL, just like in mozilla, but this is not working in phoenix.

It's a bug reported in Bugzilla. Query the Phoenix product for open bugs with paste in the summary and I'm sure it'll turn it up.
--Asa
cdn

Middle mouse button paste fails ?

Post by cdn »

Middle mouse button paste:
WFM, my cvs build on Linux [unofficially: 20021106xx]

paste a URI and it goes to that page

paste any string, goes to google search for that string
mojavelinux

Post by mojavelinux »

asa wrote:
mojavelinux wrote:still no luck on this one...should this be reported as a bug. Middle mouse button paste in the window should cause the browser to start loading the URL, just like in mozilla, but this is not working in phoenix.

It's a bug reported in Bugzilla. Query the Phoenix product for open bugs with paste in the summary and I'm sure it'll turn it up.
--Asa

Funny, I did query, but either I had trouble finding it or I become distracted by some other bug and forgot that I hadn't finished search...hmmm, well, it sounds like it has been cleaned up in CVS...just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me...I will grab a nightly...thanks!