MozillaZine

Browser goes back to the previous page automatically

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
The real eee

Post Posted February 27th, 2012, 4:13 pm

same problem here but no java install

mozidude

Post Posted March 6th, 2012, 10:27 am

I too have a back button problem...currently using FF 10 but problem existed in 9 also..was unable to post comment in another great forum post addressing this irritating problem 'cause it was locked. When I click the back button I want it to do exactly what it's intended to do - go back to previous page > Problem: it does not go back to previous page instead, it goes back several pages. To get to previous page I have to click Forward, then Back THEN it goes to previous page. In all the years I've used FF I have never, ever, ever had this problem. I see by so many posts that I'm not alone in this crummy deal. How in the world can something so simple as the back button go haywire? It's beyond frustrating. Bottom line - does anyone really know why the back button stopped doing what it's supposed to do and what the solution is?

JayhawksRock

Post Posted March 6th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Read this, especially the last papagraph > viewtopic.php?p=11766851#p11766851
And then check your settings for every mouse button in Windows Control panel
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" ~ Mick Jagger - Keith Richards ~ Rolling Stones 1968

Daifne

Post Posted May 4th, 2014, 7:50 am

1337BuNNy, your post has been split as unrelated to this ancient topic and has been moved to Firefox Support here: viewtopic.php?f=9&p=13517987#p13517987
JE SUIS CHARLIE
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.” ― Harlan Ellison
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

Return to Firefox Bugs