Hopefully helpful hint

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
old Neil Parks

Hopefully helpful hint

Post by old Neil Parks »

For many problems with Phoenix, the most commonly suggested solution is to trash your carefully constructed profile.

However, before you go for the major surgery, try a less radical procedure first: In that same xxxxxx.slt directory where the profile is stored, you'll find a binary file named XUL.MFL .

Exit phoenix, del that binary, and see if it helps. (The file will be recreated when you restart phoenix.)

(Worked for me when something I did wrong--I don't know what--caused phoenix 11/4 to lock up every time I tried to access any item on any menu.)

:D
djst

Re: Hopefully helpful hint

Post by djst »

Neil Parks wrote:For many problems with Phoenix, the most commonly suggested solution is to trash your carefully constructed profile.

However, before you go for the major surgery, try a less radical procedure first: In that same xxxxxx.slt directory where the profile is stored, you'll find a binary file named XUL.MFL .

Exit phoenix, del that binary, and see if it helps. (The file will be recreated when you restart phoenix.)

(Worked for me when something I did wrong--I don't know what--caused phoenix 11/4 to lock up every time I tried to access any item on any menu.)

:D

That's a good tip. I think xul.mfl is a cache for the xul. I've seen problems in Mozilla solved by removing that file.