Forum oddity

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
old Neil Parks

Forum oddity

Post by old Neil Parks »

I don't know if this is a bug in Phoenix 0.4 win32 nightly, the latest tab browser extension, or the Mozillazine forum software.

In the TBE prefs, I have checked "unrequested windows opened by links", and not checked "unreq opened by JS".

When I am writing a msg and I click on Add Smilies, two things open: a window full of smileys, and a tab displaying the same smileys. Clicking on a smiley in the expected window inserts the smiley's code, as expected. Clicking on a smiley in the tab has no effect.
leoz

Re: Forum oddity

Post by leoz »

Neil Parks wrote:I don't know if this is a bug in Phoenix 0.4 win32 nightly, the latest tab browser extension, or the Mozillazine forum software.

In the TBE prefs, I have checked "unrequested windows opened by links", and not checked "unreq opened by JS".

When I am writing a msg and I click on Add Smilies, two things open: a window full of smileys, and a tab displaying the same smileys. Clicking on a smiley in the expected window inserts the smiley's code, as expected. Clicking on a smiley in the tab has no effect.

I use latest TBE and it works exactly as you describe if I check
"unrequested windows opened by links". If I uncheck it, then everything works perfectly, which
suggests that this can't be a Mozillazine forum software problem nor a Phoenix problem.

I've never had any real use for that setting - if a link wants to open a new window it seems as if
it should be allowed to. Anyway I am pretty sure that if it's a problem at all, it's a TBE problem.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

WFM, 20021101 Phoenix nightly, TBE 1.4.2002110101.
leoz

Post by leoz »

laszlo wrote:WFM, 20021101 Phoenix nightly, TBE 1.4.2002110101.

Even if you check the "unrequested windows opened by links" button? It WFM without the check, but works as the original poster said when checked.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

leoz wrote:Even if you check the "unrequested windows opened by links" button? It WFM without the check, but works as the original poster said when checked.

Yes. It correctly opens in a new tab (and only there) if I have the first (or both) checked and in a new window (and not in a tab) if I have both unchecked.