Firefox 37.0.1, flash, Youtube bug with volume keyboard???

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
HeyYahBLah

Re: Firefox 37.0.1, flash, Youtube bug with volume keyboard?

Post by HeyYahBLah »

Necronomicon wrote:I have multimedia keyboard with vol controls on it.
Don't know if it is flash or FF bug, but when I single click onto video and use volume control on keyboard, video freezes, sound goes on for a 5 seconds and FF asks me to stop plugin.

I've tested dailymotion and vimeo and it doesn't happen there.

Edit:
Tested FF 37.0.0 ver it's the same
Tested FF 36.0.4 ver - NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!

So bug must be with FF.

Oh, and I cannot control volume within video on 36.0.4. But external volume (win volume) is working instead.

Oh GOD!!!! Finally!!!!!

Someone made a thread about this. I have been going insane for months thinking I was the only one or I did something stupid to my computer or something. It was FLASH PLAYER again or something that messed everything up. So this bug is firefox related, jesus christ man, what is going on here??

I am using an older laptop from 2010 Toshiba that has a volume scroll wheel built in on it, and just like the OP posted even with screenshot exact same problem started happening. I would load a youtube video scroll the wheel to adjust the volume and BOOM, freezes and unresponsive plugin. I have to stop and reload the page and submit crash report. I thought this had to do with a FLASH UPDATE but glad to know it is FIREFOX!! OH MY GOD!!!

I followed the steps here, to no avail. The crash only stops if you out-focus the video (like some users mentioned) which sometimes I tend to forget to do, (because its not a normal habit) or change to HTML5 settings. I followed the last post in here about what to do from adobe support and to no avail. So updating FF to 37 created this whole mess, figures.

I don't understand why you guys are rushing out such a good browser to compete with Chrome. Fix the damn bugs please and stop breaking the code. I already donated to FF foundation on XMAS when I got the email to support it please. Why should me scrolling my multimedia volume wheel crash youtube? It makes no sense, and it happens a lot because I tend to forget, its a habit to adjust the volume.

I'm going to try waterfox or something else and see WTF is going on, I am on FF 38.01 now and latest FLASH version 17.188 or something as of today and still the problem persists. I can mimic it perfectly by following the instructions in this thread. Note this only happens in YOUTUBE and no where else. So get testing on this ASAP please.
James

Post by James »

HeyYahBLah wrote:I don't understand why you guys are rushing out such a good browser to compete with Chrome. Fix the damn bugs please and stop breaking the code. I already donated to FF foundation on XMAS when I got the email to support it please.

I'm going to try waterfox or something else and see WTF is going on, I am on FF 38.0.1 now and latest FLASH version 17.188 or something as of today and still the problem persists. I can mimic it perfectly by following the instructions in this thread. Note this only happens in YOUTUBE and no where else. So get testing on this ASAP please.

mozillaZine forums is not rushing anything Firefox nor can we fix anything in Firefox as the site is not a part of nor run by mozilla.org as you can see at bottom right of side bar and at http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

Mozilla has their own support for Firefox at support.mozilla.org/questions/ though like here it is still mainly a users helping users forum.
rayquaza88

Post by rayquaza88 »

On 38 there's the same problem. I'm using firefox 36 atm but one could use the ESR versions if it's concerned about bugs but not so much about features.

I've sent this to mozilla (it's in Spanish) https://support.mozilla.org/es/questions/1062196 let's see what happens.
rayquaza88

Post by rayquaza88 »

*******FOUND A FIX!!!*********

Installing this add-on fixes the issue

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/a ... -regainer/
therube

Post by therube »

(Note the 'Warning' message on the AMO page.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript