Print Preview doesn't show all pages

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
markl2354

Print Preview doesn't show all pages

Post by markl2354 »

Greetings!

Print Preview doesn't show all 4 pages of http://www.pcworld.com/article/2917282/secure-your-home-networkand-every-device-attached-to-itin-3-simple-steps.html#tk.nl_pcwbest, yet Print prints all 4.

Thanks.

Firefox 37.0.2
Gingerbread Man

Re: Print Preview doesn't show all pages

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Hello,

I see no missing content. The problem might be triggered by items blocked by Adblock Plus. There's so much garbage blocked that I have no intention of disabling it to find out — sorry.
markl2354

Post by markl2354 »

Greetings!

If that were the case, why would I see the entire content (4 pages) both on the normal (non-Print Preview) screen and when I print it?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

I am seeing 4 pages in Print Preview. It looks like there is something in the print.css file for that page that Firefox doesn't understand - text is overlaying the The Linksys WRT1900AC image. Then again I use the Print Edit 15.5 extension and that may affect the Print Preview or cause a glitch.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

markl2354 wrote:If that were the case, why would I see the entire content (4 pages) both on the normal (non-Print Preview) screen and when I print it?

Is there any difference if you toggle hardware acceleration under Options/Preferences → Advanced → General, then restart Firefox?
the-edmeister wrote:It looks like there is something in the print.css file for that page that Firefox doesn't understand - text is overlaying the The Linksys WRT1900AC image. Then again I use the Print Edit 15.5 extension and that may affect the Print Preview or cause a glitch.

I don't see any web page text overlaid on that image (aside from the text in the lower left corner that's part of the image).
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

The text starting with 3. Check outbound traffic starts at the top of the 3rd page and completely overlays the image that is at the top of that page and the text ends just above "MIKE HOMNICK" in the lower left corner of that image.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.