Firefox 41 does not open the link in a new tab from external

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
pedro22

Firefox 41 does not open the link in a new tab from external

Post by pedro22 »

When you drag a link from external sources such as: .txt, Firefox 41 does not open the link in a new tab I can open it only on the active tab in Firefox 40.0.3 was not a problem.

Firefox does not store cookies for session (any version) private mode on the main page of Google.com for information that use cookies, after clicking OK for a while it is fine but then again, the same information and the need to click OK - Chrome no problem I click once and is well.

I also believe that a separator before the Refresh button at the end of the address bar is not needed and annoying.

Regards.
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox 41 does not open the link in a new tab from exte

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows

Also see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox
pedro22

Post by pedro22 »

So I tried in Safe Mode and it is the same, besides checking on Firefox 41 portable - links do not open a new tab in Firefox 40.0.3 portable is all OK - that there is something wrong in version 41.
pedro22

Post by pedro22 »

I updated to 41.0.1 - but nothing has changed, still can not drop the link between or for a new tab.
therube

Post by therube »

drag a link from external sources such as: .txt, Firefox 41 does not open the link in a new tab I can open it only on the active tab in Firefox 40.0.3 was not a problem

I see the same behavior in FF 40 & 41.
Drag in a tab, or on a tab, & it opens in that tab.
Drag between tabs, or after all tabs (arrow indicates where it will drop), & it opens in a new tab.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
pedro22

Post by pedro22 »

therube wrote:
drag a link from external sources such as: .txt, Firefox 41 does not open the link in a new tab I can open it only on the active tab in Firefox 40.0.3 was not a problem

I see the same behavior in FF 40 & 41.
Drag in a tab, or on a tab, & it opens in that tab.
Drag between tabs, or after all tabs (arrow indicates where it will drop), & it opens in a new tab.

Do this, open notepad and paste the link (you may have to this thread), then drag the link to a new tab or in between - you'll see it does not work, and 40 works.
therube

Post by therube »

notepad.exe (text editor), on XP, I don't see where you can select & subsequently "drag" a textual link, anywhere?

With wordpad.exe (aka write.exe), you can.
(And in doing so, it actually CUT's whatever you had highlighted.)

And with wordpad.exe, or I suppose more accurately, a textual link (i.e., not a "hotlink") you are correct.
With FF40, you can drag into a tab or onto the tab bar, with the link opening either in the tab or in a new tab.
With FF41, you can only drag into an existing tab, dropping onto the tab bar does not work.

When I tested before, I tested using "real" links, like from within IE, & those you are able to open either way in both FF 40 & 41.

I'd have no clue why the behavior changed?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
pedro22

Post by pedro22 »

therube wrote:notepad.exe (text editor), on XP, I don't see where you can select & subsequently "drag" a textual link, anywhere?

Sorry, indeed you're right - I use Notepad2

therube wrote:With FF40, you can drag into a tab or onto the tab bar, with the link opening either in the tab or in a new tab.
With FF41, you can only drag into an existing tab, dropping onto the tab bar does not work.

And that is what I am saying.

therube wrote:When I tested before, I tested using "real" links, like from within IE, & those you are able to open either way in both FF 40 & 41.

With Firefox, you can drag a real link or selected and works OK, but from external sources as a link with Notepad2 or Wordpad (as noticed) is not working.
therube

Post by therube »

pedro22

Post by pedro22 »

Thanks, I know it - it's my thread on Polish forum.

Developer wrote that he does not consider it so important to repair in 41.
pedro22

Post by pedro22 »

Firefox 44 (stable) and finally it repaired!