Bookmark function is not working correctly

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
tntc4

Bookmark function is not working correctly

Post by tntc4 »

When I try to bookmark any site and select "folder" from the list - nothing hapened.
steps to reproduce:
1. click twice "star" icon in address bar. (screenshot 1)
2. click twice "drop marker" at the end of "folder" row - expand and collapse bookmark panel. (screenshot 2 and screenshot 3)
3. when panel is collapsed select a "folder" from drop-down menu. (screenshot 4 and screenshot 5)
4. sometimes my choice is lose and "Unsorted Bookmarks" is still selected in the drop-down menu. (screenshot 5)

see screenshots attached:
Image Image Image Image Image
LIMPET235

Re: Bookmark function is not working correctly

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
I'm not sure that I understand why you double click the drop marker in #2, to expand & collapse the BM Panel.
A single click opens the BM Manager so that you can select which folder to place them in from the drop down, shown in #2.
Have you checked what is in the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder?
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
tntc4

Post by tntc4 »

I double clicked because first I wanted to put bookmark in the specific folder, and then I remember the folder is in the list -> drop-down menu.
so I clicked again to collapse panel and try to select folder from the drop-down menu.
this is the reason I double clicked on that button but this is a issue and I want to report it, so Mozilla Developers should fix it.

edit:
when Bookmark is not put in the folder I want, the Bookmark is put in "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I just checked bookmarking in a basic profile that I have for testing..... and this is the way it is supposed to work...

- A single click on the star creates a bookmark in the Unsorted folder
- A double click on the star will open up the drop-down menu for storing the bookmark in a folder... 'but' if no folder is selected then and a user clicks on Cancel that bookmark will go into the Unsorted folder even though the user clicked on Cancel ... and of course if the user clicked on a folder it will be put into that folder.

.... I don't agree with that part that still files it into the Unsorted folder even when the user hits Cancel... but that is the way it's worked since I started using Firefox...

... and because of some of the negative items above..... I use this extension... plus its bookmarking display can be expanded vertically...
Add Bookmark Here ² :: Add-ons for Firefox
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!