"Save as" crashes FF

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
infernux

"Save as" crashes FF

Post by infernux »

Using latest Deer Park builds on Linux, Firefox crashes as soon as I make it display the gtk filechooser. I'm using latest unstable gtk... is this known to break Firefox? Anyone seen this before? Fixes? Thx in advance
infernux

Post by infernux »

So I finally found out what was to do... Deer Park builds with the outdated internal cairo don't get along with the newest GTK+ and its version of cairo...
Yek

Post by Yek »

A couple questions: Are you also having crashes when clicking on other dialog box buttons? I and many rawhide(fedora) users that're using the last months worth of deerpark builds are having this problem. See the following bug:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/sh ... ?id=163692

Just because I decided at first to bugzilla it in fedora doesn't mean it actually has anything to do with fedora. It was just my first thought.

I also, as did you, notice the new-to-me ./configure choices of enable/disable-system-cairo and am now trying it both ways. It's the one default I can't figure out or see just from doing an "about:buildconfig". If I enable it, I can't see that it went out and did a 'pkg-config cairo --libs --cflags' in the config.log file. I also get back the info that it's using the system libcairo** when I don't include any cairo option by using $pmap -x pid{firefox-bin}.

How did you come to the conclusion that it builds with the 'internal cairo'? Just curious. Anyway, I'm trying a build of each flavor right now (enable-system-cairo and disable-system-cairo) and trying to figure out if it ever looks at that flag unless the unusable flag --**toolkit**=cairo-gtk2 is used too.

Thanks.
Yek

Post by Yek »

Forgot to ask a couple more things:

- Which linux distro are you using
- Are you making your own builds?
- if so, what's the .mozconfig
- if not, where are you getting the builds?
- did you actually find an answer to your problem?

and anyone else having problems with clicking buttons in various dialog boxes causing crashes, feel free to comment.