your connection is not secure

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
jsal0318

your connection is not secure

Post by jsal0318 »

can someone in their own words explain to me how to make google my home page again instead of that damn "your connection is not secure" message.

When is this issue gonna be fixed by FF as google says it is your issue not theirs and I am sick of it happening?
JayhawksRock

Re: your connection is not secure

Post by JayhawksRock »

jsal0318 wrote:When is this issue gonna be fixed by FF as google says it is your issue not theirs and I am sick of it happening?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wh ... ecure-mean
BTW, we fix nothing cause we aint Mozilla
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
Mozilla Help here > https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/
Mozilla feedback here > https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback/firefox/44.0/
Have a nice Life..
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

and I am sick of it happening?
it is caused from your antivirus. go to their support forum and search for "ssl scanning" "ssl protection" or "web protection". there is nothing we can do or change.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Brummelchen wrote:
and I am sick of it happening?
it is caused from your antivirus. go to their support forum and search for "ssl scanning" "ssl protection" or "web protection". there is nothing we can do or change.
Might be a good idea to pass this along to all forums so ppl know and dont have to deal with it. :-k
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

in most cases they already know. if it is kaspersky they ever know it, avast also.

i use malwarebytes, has no ssl scanning. at least all files are scanned in memory or harddrive. the better way is to prevent payload free exploit kits with MBAME (malwarebytes anti-exploit, free of charge) and a descent ad- and tracking blocker like uBlock origin for firefox. i never had any infection for 2 decades and never with firefox since years due that. firefox and chrome (+forks) are able to check ssl certs itself. ofc it might offer personal satisfaction that ssl connections are also monitored.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Brummelchen wrote:in most cases they already know. if it is kaspersky they ever know it, avast also.

i use malwarebytes, has no ssl scanning. at least all files are scanned in memory or harddrive. the better way is to prevent payload free exploit kits with MBAME (malwarebytes anti-exploit, free of charge) and a descent ad- and tracking blocker like uBlock origin for firefox. i never had any infection for 2 decades and never with firefox since years due that. firefox and chrome (+forks) are able to check ssl certs itself. ofc it might offer personal satisfaction that ssl connections are also monitored.
So are you saying a pretty good way to prevent issues would be to use Kaspersky total security 2016, MBAM anti malware and MBAM anti exploit all together?

thx
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

MBAM als free version (on-demand only) and MBAE is also free for browser and some plugins.

almost all full antivirus programs/suites recognize adware but do not block them - or you set up stronger rules but that would lock down your computer also. instead test all downloaded setups with MBAM first.

MB has also release a new anti-ransomware - vs. crypt-lockers
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/ ... ta.383333/
it may become part of MBAM sometimes - for those who scare email attachments like that should install ;)
but its beta so may cause failure

if someone will ask me for a nice antivirus - get bitdefender free or Eset AV. i dont care about "best recognition" an AV has to be usable and simple for user. it dows not matter if you are 99% or only 97% protected, signatur scan is only one method, heuristic is better. BD has good detection, equal tp kaspersky, but Eset i think is more clealy to configure.
http://www.av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/
John_Whaite

Post by John_Whaite »

I had this problem (Your Connection Is Not Secure) with Firefox and Kaspersky on my old XP machine. Firfox needs to use Kaspersky certificates, but there was a problem, maybe the Kaspersky certificate file wasn't in an expected location.
First, you have to locate a file called "(fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer". On Windows 10 it's in directory
"C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP16.0.0\Data\Cert\"
and on XP it's in directory
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP17.0.0\Data\Cert"
You may have to set the options in file explorer to view hidden files to find this.
Now, clean out the existing certificates in Firefox and import the latest certificates:-
- open Firefox, and open menu (the button near the upper right with three horizontal stripes)
- click on Options
- click Advanced
- click View Certificates
- on tab Authorities, scroll down to AO Kaspersky Lab, and click on "Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root C.."
- click "Delete or Distrust" and follow the instructions to delete it,
- on the Authorities tab, click Import,
- select the file you located earlier - "(fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer" and import it
- hopefully, the problem has been fixed.
James

Post by James »

cynic

Post by cynic »

John_Whaite

You are a star - I was on the way to ditching Firefox but you saved the day.
Much appreciated

Joe Connell
moonmaid

Post by moonmaid »

I just started getting this error message two days ago. I have an XP machine. I saw the solution above, but I can't find a Kaspersky folder or file on my PC. What could be the problem on my computer??

Thanks.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

moonmaid wrote:I just started getting this error message two days ago. I have an XP machine. I saw the solution above, but I can't find a Kaspersky folder or file on my PC. What could be the problem on my computer??

Thanks.
and on XP it's in directory
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP17.0.0\Data\Cert"
You may have to set the options in file explorer to view hidden files to find this.

Where apps like Kaspersky store their files is pretty standard in PC's ... so, to not find what you need in the area where John_Whaite pointed out would be weird... did you check to make sure that you set the option to view hidden files ... was turned on?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
therube

Post by therube »

(I guess the first question is, do you have Kaspersky Antivirus ;-) ?. And if not, what antivirus do you have? And have you reviewed the link James posted.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript