Here is what happens:
1. Create a New Account
2. We've sent you a Verification Email
3. Receive the Email
4. Click the Link
5. YOUR LINK HAS EXPIRED
(REPEAT)

1. Create a New Li<SNIP>

I assure you I've clicked every verification link in probably less than 3 seconds. I can't create an Account, but why do I need one in the first place? :-k I can still download Add-Ons. I can still review Add-Ons.

Re: ENDLESS LOOP on "Create a New Account"

Post by JayhawksRock »

Is the time and date accurate on your system
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
merry widow

Post by merry widow »

JayhawksRock wrote:Is the time and date accurate on your system
Yes.

Post by the-edmeister »

Also posted over here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1129635 - but without "key" information.

That's a Firefox Account. The Add-ons website was just added to that system / scheme.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ac ... x-accounts

The add-ons website should convert your existing account into a "Firefox Account" or if you already have a Firefox Account you can log in with that.

As far as "why do you need it?" - Mozilla decided to finally get their ass in gear and proceed with "one-login-database" for all their various websites.

They came up with Persona in 2011 which was supposed to be "one login for the entire internet", but as Mozilla does too often they didn't "push it"hard enough or publicize and had few people using it. And the clowns at Mozilla didn't even bother to integrate their own websites with Persona until last year; and are just now using Firefox Accounts for their most used sub-domains - around the time that Mozilla decided to kill Persona by the end of this year.

As far as your problem with the link expiring so quickly - I have no idea, but a holiday weekend may not be the best time to try to figure it out.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Maybe it all has to do with the fact that the OP is using a Beta version of Firefox and not the 'official' release?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
therube

Post by therube »

Try a Private Window.
Try clearing cookies.
Try Safe Mode.
Try a new, clean Profile.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript