awesome bar loads wrong autocomplete site

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
RayKremer

awesome bar loads wrong autocomplete site

Post by RayKremer »

Here's one of those "Is this happening to anybody else?" things.

Everybody knows that when you type stuff into the URL/address/awesome bar, it starts making guesses at what URL you are typing based on browsing history. If it guesses correctly, you can click or arrow to the correct guess and save yourself the remainder of the typing.

The thing I've been seeing a lot of lately, and it is intermittent with no apparent pattern or cause to when it happens, is I'll be typing and suddenly Firefox is already loading a page based on its best autocomplete guess, which is frequently not the actual page I was shooting for at the moment.

Made-up example: Say I visit allthejokes.com a lot, but right now I want to go to alstowing.com. I get the cursor into the address bar and start typing alstowing, but as soon as I've got al in there it starts loading up allthejokes.com.

Not really sure if it's glitchy Firefox, glitchy keyboard, glitchy mouse, or what. If nobody else is seeing this, I will assume one of the latter.
DanRaisch

Re: awesome bar loads wrong autocomplete site

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode