MozillaZine

So... should I post bugs here or the bugzilla?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
easy_pie

Post Posted November 12th, 2016, 12:21 pm

As subject says. I'm wondering how this relates to the bugzilla. There seems to be a woeful lack of information regarding reporting bugs for firefox. I can't seem to find a single mention in the mozilla support pages

James

Post Posted November 12th, 2016, 2:07 pm

You can discuss possible bugs here first so a better report can be made in the Bugzilla.mozilla.org general issues tracker and also so duplicate reports are not made. A random thread or post on a forum is not really a place to keep track of things.

Note mozillaZine.org is a independent site and is not run by nor a part of Mozilla.org as there is no mozilla.org links on top or bottom like a typical *.mozilla.org page.

Mozilla has had their own support forum for desktop Firefox for several years and then more recently some other things at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions

malliz
Folder@Home

Post Posted November 12th, 2016, 2:09 pm

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

easy_pie

Post Posted November 18th, 2016, 5:02 am

malliz wrote:https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Bug_writing_guidelines

Thank you. Very odd that that page is so hard to find, and is not mentioned anywhere on the firefox support pages.

easy_pie

Post Posted November 18th, 2016, 5:03 am

James wrote:You can discuss possible bugs here first so a better report can be made in the Bugzilla.mozilla.org general issues tracker and also so duplicate reports are not made. A random thread or post on a forum is not really a place to keep track of things.

Note mozillaZine.org is a independent site and is not run by nor a part of Mozilla.org as there is no mozilla.org links on top or bottom like a typical *.mozilla.org page.

Mozilla has had their own support forum for desktop Firefox for several years and then more recently some other things at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions

Thank you, I'll make a post here first then and see what people think

malliz
Folder@Home

Post Posted November 18th, 2016, 1:42 pm

easy_pie wrote: Very odd that that page is so hard to find, and is not mentioned anywhere on the firefox support pages.

Main reason for that is that Bugzilla is not meant for general complaints and suggestions it is meant as a production tool
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

easy_pie

Post Posted November 19th, 2016, 1:39 pm

malliz wrote:
easy_pie wrote: Very odd that that page is so hard to find, and is not mentioned anywhere on the firefox support pages.

Main reason for that is that Bugzilla is not meant for general complaints and suggestions it is meant as a production tool

I do sometimes get the impression that mozilla regards it's users as an inconvenience

Return to Firefox Bugs