50.1 issues

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
GaryDev

50.1 issues

Post by GaryDev »

Recently installed a new MB, fresh install of Win7Pro SP1.. after all the drivers were put in, went to the net, grabbed Firefox, installed.. restored previous stuff with MozBackup. Windows likes to put "recently used" programs in the start menu (yeah, sorry.. forgot to change that but...)

So there is Firefox in the menu.. noted that "right arrow", clicked it.. mutter.. recent sites I visited. Including sites from private browsing. So not cool. Started to "remove from list", realized a big PITA, so I just removed FF from the menu instead. The first two of the "recent" list in the menu, were sites I use every day, under normal browsing. They have now both "disappeared" when I use the URL pulldown.

Also noted.. in private window.. decided to use the "right side of screen open menu" and selected options. One would think you would see things related to the private side... FF said it was going to "keep" my browsing history. Considering I was in a private screen, one would think that it would have said it would not be keeping a history. Kinda confusing.

Personal note: I *hate* the big purple page on private browsing. I can't see how I can get just a blank page. I also *hate* how the URL pulldown now displays things. With that said, I think I will hunt down a 49 version release, nuke my profile and re-install from MozBackup again.. Just saying.