Firefox 54.0 Private Browsing: No bookmarks sidebar

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
johnkm

Firefox 54.0 Private Browsing: No bookmarks sidebar

Post by johnkm »

With this latest update, neither the bookmark (or history) sidebars are present when private browsing is selected. They both have to be restored via the clicking screen tabs.
therube

Re: Firefox 54.0 Private Browsing: No bookmarks sidebar

Post by therube »

Can't confirm, Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0.

Are you opening directly into PB?

Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?

As a test, create a new, clean Profile & see what that does?

What are "screen tabs"?

(PB) History data will not be saved, but existing (non-PB) History should be there.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
johnkm

Re: Firefox 54.0 Private Browsing: No bookmarks sidebar

Post by johnkm »

I am very sorry not to have replied in June. I had forgotten to update my email address on here, so I never received notification of your reply and then forgot that I had posted this.

Since I posting this problem, I have confirmed that all three of our computers (two Win 7, one Win 10, all 64 bit) had the same issue in June and still have. So, it must be something in 54 that has changed from previous versions and we have always opened via Cntr/Shift plus 'P'.
I have tried starting in Safe mode and it is the same and, with all three computers affected, I didn't see any point of creating a new profile.
Current Firefox installed: 54.0.1 (32 bit)

Again, apologies for not replying in June