Multiple Cursors using NoVNC

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
kkomara

Multiple Cursors using NoVNC

Post by kkomara »

I use Firefox to access my Proxmox Hypervisor HTML5 System interface. The Web interface to Proxmox has much information about my guest OS containers, and allows user to open a Console HMI session to the Guest OS using HTML5 based NoVNC. In this case I have many Ubuntu 16.04 guest OS's defined in Proxmox. All works well except the NoVNC HTML5 console session. When I open the NoVNC console session - it works - BUT there are 2 mouse pointers - a Local Pointer, and a remote pointer. If anyone has every used VNC Client - Server this is quite common. And depending on the VNC Client - you can usually disable either the local or remote cursor so you only see one - which I prefer. In the case of NoVNC - it is all HTML5 based - no VNC client to download. Very nice. Only issue is with Firefox there are 2 cursors - local and remote. In ALL other browsers that I have tested (Edge, IE, Chrome, etc.) they ALL only show 1 cursors (remote) when the user has the mouse inside the NoVNC area. From what I have been told by the Proxmox support forums - there is an HTML5 command being sent by the NoVNC server that should be telling the browser to not show the local cursor when the mouse is within the NoVNC area. Edge, IE, Chrome, etc. all respect that and work properly. In the case of Firefox - the local cursor is NOT turning off. Is this a know issue/limitation in Firefox. Is there a an about:config parameter that I can tweak ?? This problem exists in latest stable release of Firefox in Windows and Ubuntu. And I can repeat issue with daily builds for both Windows and Ubuntu.
I am a big proponent of what Firefox stands for so I am hopeful that I/we can get this working properly !
Will try to upload images of issues with Firefox and how it works with Edge.
therube

Re: Multiple Cursors using NoVNC

Post by therube »

> I use Firefox

What version?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Re: Multiple Cursors using NoVNC

Post by Brummelchen »

i dont think its a firefox problem more than the used ui wont deliver proper code for firefox to switch curser. i think its time to contact vnc devs.