Grammarly (Grammar Checker)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jpcummins

Grammarly (Grammar Checker)

Post by jpcummins »

Is anyone using the free Grammarly, grammar checker? I have it installed on my Windows 10 Home Edition, Lenovo Laptop as an add-on to the Firefox Quantum, Version 63.0 (64-bit) browser. When I connect to Facebook, for whatever reason, it only works periodically and only after it is freshly installed. I have asked Grammarly Support for help but they were not much help. If anyone is using the Grammarly, grammar checker with the same version Firefox and would care to share their experience I would appreciate it. As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John
lasardo

Re: Grammarly (Grammar Checker)

Post by lasardo »

Many of the reviews here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 1/reviews/ say it is intermittent, especially with Facebook. A few of the reviews say it works better in chrome. Maybe keep trying with their support page?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no bug has been identified here.
fade2gray

Post by fade2gray »

Not of much help to you, but this is a support request I sent Grammarly re Windows 7:
Since a recent update to the Grammarly add-on, I have had to turn Grammarly off and back on, in the toolbar, for it to appear in any text fields on a site I regularly visit - even though Grammarly states that it is active for the site. This doesn't affect all sites, but the same behaviour is evident using a clean firefox profile with only the Grammarly add-on installed.
I received a very fast and polite reply informing me that they were aware of the issue and engineers were looking into it