FIREFOX DOES NOT PLAY NICE WITH FACEBOOK

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
Majorbuzz

FIREFOX DOES NOT PLAY NICE WITH FACEBOOK

Post by Majorbuzz »

The FACEBOOK screen suddenly moves when I start to type a comment. Whenever I tap the SHIFT key at the beginning of a line, OR tap the backspace key, the screen suddenly shifts about the page. This shifts the comment box where I'm typing off the screen. Just hitting the backspace to correct a typo causes the screen to scroll on its own. I have to scroll back to the entry box and if I make another typo, it happens again.

I've restarted in safemode and the same thing happens, so it is not an add-on. This is happening on both my regular Firefox and portable Firefox programs on a Windows 10 machine. The screen however does stay put, like it is supposed to, using Microsoft EDGE. This started roughly 3 months ago, and both apps are up to date. Other than the FACEBOOK page, I don't have any issues.

Here's what cures the problem, at least for me using Firefox. The 'Zoom' seems to be the Culprit. I have it set to 110% for text only as my default. It doesn't matter what I set the default to, it has to do with what I have Firefox.com set to. That would be also 110%. The trick for me is to NOT use 110%. I can use 100%, 120% and it works fine.

Is anyone else seeing this same behavior, so I know it is not just me?
LIMPET235

Re: FIREFOX DOES NOT PLAY NICE WITH FACEBOOK

Post by LIMPET235 »

Duplicate post.
Continue in the other thread.

> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3080840

Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)