Which nighly build isn't so bad after all?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox

Which recent build is the best?

Poll ended at November 5th, 2002, 9:45 pm

before 11-01
33%
11-01
8%
11-02
8%
11-03
8%
11-04
42%

Total votes: 12

Orbite

Which nighly build isn't so bad after all?

Post by Orbite »

Just as from curiosity, which recent nightly build behave the best?

______

« Hum! bonne récolte. »
asa

Re: Which nighly build isn't so bad after all?

Post by asa »

Orbite wrote:Just as from curiosity, which recent nightly build behave the best?

The latest is always the best. Voting for those tired old builds from two and three days ago just seems silly.

--Asa
pavlov

Post by pavlov »

:!: Asa, but the latest Phoenix build has all sorts of problems. I had to remove it and go back to my 10/25 build which is good.
Orbite

Post by Orbite »

asa wrote:The latest is always the best.

Not always. :twisted:

Today's build as bugs that weren't there a week ago. I reverted to a older build because I can't use the last one. But I'm sure tomorrow (or after that) will be better. The developpers do a great job!

And it's just an excuse to try the new fonctions of the forum. :lol:
asa

Post by asa »

Orbite wrote:And it's just an excuse to try the new fonctions of the forum. :lol:

You forgot the choice of "tomorrow's" in the poll ;-)

--Asa
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

asa wrote:The latest is always the best. Voting for those tired old builds from two and three days ago just seems silly.

I respectfully disagree. 11/3 generated a large number of complaints on the old forum. I have the same problem with 11/4 (home button goes to www.mozilla.org sted my chosen home page). I don't have any problem with 11/2, so until I can kick some tires on 11/5, I vote 11/2 the best so far.

Similarly, before the release of 0.4, I found problems in 10/24 that I did not have with either 10/23 or 10/25.
tmb

Post by tmb »

The latest is always the best.!! When you download a nightly you are volunteering to test it and report its bugs, not compare it to yesterdays <i><b>OUTDATED BUILD</i></b> :roll:
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Geee Nightlies are basicly (pre)-ALPHA builds.
Pretty pointless to have votes for this.

If you don't have the stomach for testing non released software... don't

Stick with the Phoenix Milestones or possibly Mozilla 1.0.1 to make sure.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

tmb wrote:The latest is always the best.!! When you download a nightly you are volunteering to test it and report its bugs, not compare it to yesterdays <i><b>OUTDATED BUILD</i></b> :roll:

I agree that the purpose of a nightly is to test its bugs. And when it introduces a bunch of new bugs not found in the previous release, it obviously isn't better than that previous release, especially if it does not add a significant number of <B>visible</B> new features.

Of all the Phoenix releases I've tried so far--most nightlies from 10/23 to 11/4 with a couple of exceptions--I personally found 11/2 to have the best combination of things that worked right with fewer bugs than the others. IMNSHO, that makes it the "best" one for me.

Others may have different criteria for preferring one release over another.
Orbite

Don't be such an angry baby

Post by Orbite »

Stefan wrote:Pretty pointless to have votes for this.

If you don't have the stomach for testing non released software... don't

:D Oh boy! You take everything too seriously. Have some fun with the new features of the forum.

If you're not able to have an opinion about the different builds and not feel treathen by the opinions of others, don't vote. It's all right with us. :) Smile. Cheer up. :P Life is beautiful, even when we admit that not everything is perfect. Surely not build 11-04. :twisted:

Stefan wrote:Stick with the Phoenix Milestones or possibly Mozilla 1.0.1 to make sure.

Nah, it's more fun to try the new possiblities of the nighly builds. I'll keep downloading them every week. :mrgreen:
Orbite

Post by Orbite »

Robert W

Room for everyone

Post by Robert W »

Neil Parks wrote:I agree that the purpose of a nightly is to test its bugs. And when it introduces a bunch of new bugs not found in the previous release, it obviously isn't better than that previous release.

I think people are taking issue with the word <b>better</b>. I am sure the devlopers would like everyone to keep up with the latest build to give them the broadest testing base. I think there is also room for people who want a stable browser to use nightlies.

If you install the latest nightly and find that it is not working for you report your bugs, restore the previous version, and hope tomorrow will be a better day.

My $0.02,
Robert W.
tmb

Post by tmb »

what the people that compare builds don't realize, is that when you download a nightly build, you have the changes that were made the day before. Before you download one of these builds, you must realize that the build is a <i><b> work in progress</i></b> this is not a <B><i> stable release-- it is for testing only! not for depressing commentary on how it is worse than it was yesterday !!</i></b> :roll:
ao lot my pham my pham nam nuoc hoa phap do lot nam sieu mong ao lot nam hang hieu quan lot nam dep do lot nu goi cam bo do lot nu goi cam ao lot nu sieu mong quan lot nu goi cam do ngu dep do lot guyen ru ao lot sieu mong quan lot goi cam do ngu goi cam do lot nhap khau
Last edited by tmb on November 12th, 2012, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orbite

Post by Orbite »

tmb wrote:what the people that compare builds don't realize, is ... this is not a stable release-- it is for testing only! not for depressing commentary on how it is worse than it was yesterday !! :roll:

:? Nobody is depressed and we understand that nightly builds are not all stable and for testing purpose.

:?: Why does it upset you soo much that we chat about the relative quality of the recent builds?

_______
Phoenix - the best browser in the world!
mfk

Post by mfk »

Neil Parks wrote:
asa wrote:The latest is always the best. Voting for those tired old builds from two and three days ago just seems silly.

I don't have any problem with 11/2, so until I can kick some tires on 11/5, I vote 11/2 the best so far..

11/2 can't save pages or images. Oh well, at least it works.