Save > Webpage, Complete broken?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox

Save > Webpage, Complete broken?

Post by . »

I have noticed that saving web pages does not work on last 2-3 nightlies including 8 November one. Phoenix just quit without any error message when i tried to save a webpage. Deleting and creating a new profile does not fix this problem.
MozillaCop
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

I have a different - although also buggy - behaviour with build 20021108 on a W2K SP3 platform.

Phoenix opens the "Save as" dialog, I click OK, Phoenix does not quit nor crash, but when I look on the disk to see where the page is, I find nothing saved. Phoenix does nothing. tried again and pointed to another directory. Same thing. No crash, but no work.
audioaficionado

Post by audioaficionado »

win98se/98litePro4.6, phoenix 1108

Saves just fine except it always goes to the first folder I saved in using this build. Try saving and note which folder it goes to. That may be where your files are. I can't get it to save in any other folder unless I manually change it. Then the next time it always reverts to that first folder again.
8) Windows: XPproSP2
8) Gentoo & Overclockix Live CD
8) Latest Firefox of course

Cya later,
Steve
sgipan

Re: Save > Webpage, Complete broken?

Post by sgipan »

MozillaCop wrote:I have noticed that saving web pages does not work on last 2-3 nightlies including 8 November one. Phoenix just quit without any error message when i tried to save a webpage. Deleting and creating a new profile does not fix this problem.
MozillaCop

Have you tried a newer build? I had the same problem but now it works fine (build 20021112 on w2k).
Greets,
- sgipan
old Neil Parks

save as type

Post by old Neil Parks »

Saving web pages works fine for me with 11/14 on Win ME, but the "Save as type" dropdown menu offers only "Web Page Complete" or several garbage entries. (Ditto 11/12).