Download sidebar does NOT comply with settings

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
Pascal

Download sidebar does NOT comply with settings

Post by Pascal »

Using a freshly installed - i.e. all cleared, including profile, etc. - build 20021111 (platform W2K SP3), I select <b>Tools > Preferences... > Downloads</b>, uncheck the <b>Display a progress window</b> checkbox and check the <b>Open Downloads sidebar</b> checkbox. Then I download a file. Nothing seems to happen until the moment I select <b>View > Sidebar > Downloads</b> and then I can see the download being performed. Tried again the same but unchecked the <b>Open Downloads sidebar</b> checkbox - same results. Seems like this checkbox is simply ignored.
shimage

Post by shimage »

it happened with me too. and then for some reason, it started complying again when i installed the latest tab extensions...
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

It may have worked because of the Tabs extension. But I think it should work natively, without artifacts.
This is a bug.
shimage

Post by shimage »

i agree, but i figured you might wanna know if it happens on other people's computers. also, i thought maybe you might wanna know one way to get it to work (or at least, how it started working on my computer).
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Shimage, thank you for helping.

I already used the excellent Tabs Extensions in th past and I do recommend them to everyone. Meanwhile, this bug is not a blocking one, so with or without these extensions I can still go on using Phoenix. Until, hopefully, this is fixed. :wink: