How to clear download manager contents?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
ugggf

How to clear download manager contents?

Post by ugggf »

I got an unfinished download stuck into my current downloads list in dm sidebar. No right clicks or select all and delete's work on it. Any way to clear it manually (perhaps by modifing a file)? Ver. is 11-11 nightly on win2k. No clean installation but deleted the xul.mfl file and it works perfectly fine till now. Also using the latest tabbrowsing extention.
djst

Re: How to clear download manager contents?

Post by djst »

ugggf wrote:I got an unfinished download stuck into my current downloads list in dm sidebar. No right clicks or select all and delete's work on it. Any way to clear it manually (perhaps by modifing a file)? Ver. is 11-11 nightly on win2k. No clean installation but deleted the xul.mfl file and it works perfectly fine till now. Also using the latest tabbrowsing extention.

Try deleting downloads.rdf from your <a href="http://texturizer.net/phoenix/edit.html#profile">profile folder</a>.
ugggf

fixed!

Post by ugggf »

It worked! Thanks a lot!
MediumDave

Post by MediumDave »

Is there going to be a nicer way to do this? Like a clear downloads button, or right clicking on each download to remove it with a context menu?
seb

Post by seb »

Actually, no downloaded file should remain in the "current download" section. It was a bug, and I think I saw Blake fixed it.
You can delete the downloads from the "finished downloads" section by highlighting them and hitting the Del key (or right-clicking and then choosing Remove).
Teluial

no...

Post by Teluial »

...still not fixed :)

It seems to always occur if you somehow kill or crash phoenix with downloads going. I can do this by running heavy loads and trying to get phoenix/mozilla to do several things at once.
Blake

Re: no...

Post by Blake »

Teluial wrote:...still not fixed :)

It seems to always occur if you somehow kill or crash phoenix with downloads going. I can do this by running heavy loads and trying to get phoenix/mozilla to do several things at once.

While that may be true, I'd rather we fix the crashes then the side effects of the crashes, no?
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Blake wrote:While that may be true, I'd rather we fix the crashes then the side effects of the crashes, no?

While that might be true, how will you eg ensure a user won't run into an OS crash due to eg an overclocked CPU in the middle of a file download in (the browser formerly know as) Phoenix.

Decent error recovery is a wise thing to implement no matter how stable your software is :)
JakeNL

Post by JakeNL »

Blake wrote:
Teluial wrote:...still not fixed :)

While that may be true, I'd rather we fix the crashes then the side effects of the crashes, no?

That is so very true (for a 0.4/0.5 browser). If you fix every little thing at an early stage, you can do it all again and again if you make a big change.

BUT: if you download (a) file(s) without a progress-window and close Phoenix while downloading it give a crash (and therefore the download remains in current downloads).
Temp solution: use a progress window :).