My Yahoo is not loading up since FF 2.0.0.11 upgrade

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
iron

Post by iron »

I'm having the same issue here. The login page (https://login.yahoo.com) keeps loading ... loading ... in a loop. The only way to get around this problem is to stop (click the red X icon) the loading at the right moment when the full page is just loaded before reloading.

This happens to My Yahoo, Yahoo Mail, and every yahoo page that requires login 'cause they are sharing the same login page (https://login.yahoo.com).

My Firefox is also at version 2.0.0.11. I have the following add-ons installed:

Extensions:
del.icio.us Bookmarks 1.5.29
Firebug 1.05 (disabled)
Google Photos Screensaver 2.0
Talkback 2.0.0.11

Firefox (default) 2.0 theme
onetoughkitty

Post by onetoughkitty »

Problem I am having since the most recent update is the looping of the log-in page in Yahoo. it is only the log-in page that has the yellow button that says "Don't have a Yahoo Log-In"? https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.s ... .yahoo.com

This is the most annoying thing I have ever seen. It didn't start until I upgraded to the new version. It does not do this in IE. I have NO add-ons.
TwistydMorticia

Post by TwistydMorticia »

I have tried safe mode on my installed Firefox 2.0.0.11 still could not access yahoo mail! I went through the procedures outlined in the KB, safe mode, create new profile etc. I even uninstalled it, completely and did a fresh installation. I downgraded my flash player, did everything but to no avail. It is only this one page I have noticed problems with, everything else works fine.

I log in yahoo mail, it accepts my login then this comes up on screen:

Ouch!
The error, LaunchCurlError-28, occurred when trying to connect to Yahoo! Mail.

OR this error:

Trouble logging in? (error code: querystring_mismatch)

I work around it my the fact I am logged in and at the top it gives me an option to go to yahoo classic mail, I click it go to yahoo classic mail no problems, then I tried clicking going back to yahoo beta mail and it works! So the problem only occurs at login on the sign in page! If I log in anywhere else on yahoo it works fine?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

It appears to be a Yahoo problem. See http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 955AAeLDBJ

Given SpiderFighter's experience this would make sense.

Since it is a beta product you should be using classic anyway. Beta means enough bugs to be interesting in a notable way...
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
JeffVader

Post by JeffVader »

I agree. It seems to be a Yahoo related problem, as I experience something similar when accessing My Yahoo using IE7, except that IE7 generates a dialog box stating that there is a problem with a script, and asking if the script should stop running. As soon as I click "yes", the contents of My Yahoo appear in full.

If FF had that, we would be able to circumvent the My Yahoo problem.

Jeff
damicoaustin

Same problem with reloading loop

Post by damicoaustin »

I have the same problem with the yahoo log-in page reloading in a loop (unstoppable) and none of the solutions listed here have worked. If you want to hear something really weird....about four weeks ago my co-worker had this problem with IE 7.0 on yahoo login...i had to install firefox for her to access her yahoo mail. About a week later, the problem starts happening to me on Firefox! So I had to go back to using IE 7.0. Crazy.
damicoaustin

Update on login loop

Post by damicoaustin »

update: the cookie/cache clear did not work the first time, but I tried it again with a restart and now it works....no more yahoo login loop.
JeffVader

Post by JeffVader »

I think the My Yahoo problem is sorting itself out, independently of anything we do to our browser, cache, cookies etc.

I began to experience this a couple of days ago, when My Yahoo would suddenly start displaying all the items I keep therein.

Today My Yahoo has been working fine from the beginning.

... And I have not done anything further to my browser for ages.

Jeff
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

That is most likely the case. Yahoo problems seem to come in waves. That said, some of these problems have come from yahoo not clearing the cache. The rule of thumb is if you are still experiencing problem after all the other folks have stopped having them clear the cache.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."