MozillaZine

Fix for Flash 10 Identified as Flash 1?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
lizi

Post Posted November 17th, 2008, 11:24 am

I was just informed by the web support team of a site I could not access that my problem was due to a Firefox bug that identified Flash 10 as Flash 1. This meant that their site thought I had an old version of Flash. They said that Firefox had not fixed it, so they did a work-around.
Is this true? If so, when will Firefox fix this bug? Thanks!

LoudNoise

Post Posted November 17th, 2008, 12:30 pm

It does not seem likely, I certainly have not heard about it. Can you ask them to share the reference with us? I found nothing in Bugzilla.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

steviex

Post Posted November 17th, 2008, 1:36 pm

The bug is not in Firefox, it is in their site, which mis-identifies the plugin. Can you give us a URL of the Website ??

The Flash Plugin is not actually a part of Firefox, and is not Manufactured by Mozilla, but by Adobe.
It is the Website that actually carries out the Detecting of the plugin, via its HTML code. Firefox does not control this....

Try using the site in any Browser that uses the Non-IE plugin....

Try it in Chrome, Safari, SeaMonkey and Opera..... All of these use the NPAPI version of Flash.

IE uses a different Active X based Flash Plugin, which the site would use different code to detect.

More information about Flash.... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash

Read this on the Adobe Forum.... http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/ ... erthread=y

Especially read the post by BWolf.....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.

Return to Firefox Bugs