what the heck is superfish??

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jo jo

what the heck is superfish??

Post by jo jo »

i ve been getting http://www.superfish .com blank page opening up on my firefox 3.6.8 lately , which is slowing down and blocking my access to other pages. someone said its an add on , i checked add ons its not there, to remove. how do i get rid of this crap?? ](*,)
DPMR

Re: what the heck is superfish??

Post by DPMR »

It must be set as your home page.

If not clear your cache and cookies.

EDIT:http://www.superfish.com/
Mozilla/Anything Firefox I like the challenge
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

User Info for Superfish Team.
It looks like you want to remove the extension called "WindowShopper - Automatic Price Comparison".

Post by Guest »

Gingerbread Man wrote:User Info for Superfish Team.
It looks like you want to remove the extension called "WindowShopper - Automatic Price Comparison".

I had this aswell.
The most worrying thing about it is that they keep posting on help forums to say that they are an innocent add on that you can remove but it's not.

I changed my home page to straight google rather than mozilla start up and that stopped the problem but how it got on there and if it's still there I don't know.

I hate these sneaky spyware ****s
cola day

Post by cola day »

every time i click on Google , superfish is there, though Google is not my home page and i dont see any add ons called as window shopper,, any help???? ](*,) ](*,)
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

keith2468a

Post by keith2468a »

The uninstall for this add on doesn't work.

This product was first installed on my computer without my permission, probably by one of the download accelerators I was trying. "Window Shopper Beta" started appearing in my FF.

Removing the download accelerators didn't remove WindowShopper, and there was nothing in my Add-on manager to allow removing Window Shopper.

So I installed Window Shopper from here. That put Window Shopper in my download manager.

But using to remove Window Shopper did not remove Window Shopper.
snapster

Post by snapster »

If you have the IETab plus addon, check its settings, if you select anything but basic mode, it will add the price comparison. I guess this is the root cause
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

snapster wrote:If you have the IETab plus addon, check its settings, if you select anything but basic mode, it will add the price comparison. I guess this is the root cause

Also see this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=10022225#p10022225
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
isabel95

Post by isabel95 »

After I installed the latest version of AdBlock Plus I started getting Superfish Window Shopper Beta. I think it's somehow connected to AdBlock Plus. It is very annoying, slows things down and I want to uninstall it. It is NOT on the list of Add-Ons in Firefox so I can't remove it. If you know how to get rid of it please post the info here.

Post by Guest »

I mistakenly associated AdBlock Plus with Superfish. It was the latest version of IE Tab plus that added Superfish. There are three options for setup. Two contain price comparison. I chose "Basic" and got rid of Superfish.

isabel95 wrote:After I installed the latest version of AdBlock Plus I started getting Superfish Window Shopper Beta. I think it's somehow connected to AdBlock Plus. It is very annoying, slows things down and I want to uninstall it. It is NOT on the list of Add-Ons in Firefox so I can't remove it. If you know how to get rid of it please post the info here.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Guest wrote:I chose "Basic" and got rid of Superfish.

It didn't get rid of the adware, it just doesn't display it. You should uninstall IE Tab Plus and install IE Tab 2, found here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/92382/
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
houdini65

Post by houdini65 »

I had installed IE Tab Plus, chose the full option, but never had any of these problems. I have NoScript installed and it blocked it. The only reason I ended up here is that I was curious about what had been blocked since it sounded so familiar. I had read about WindowShopper/Superfish, but wasn't sure which of the 6 addon's that I had installed, that it was related to.

To be fair, if you had read the documentation rather than just installing the addon, you would have known all about it.

Read the addon's mozilla page and then their homepage at a minimum. Then the privacy policy.

Now, for a clean version without WindowShopper/Superfish.
Go Read ► http://coralietab.mozdev.org/index.html
Then go to ► http://coralietab.mozdev.org/installation.html
wanamaker

Post by wanamaker »

What if you don't have IE Tab? There's some other way these schmucks are getting into the browser. How do I delete this?!?!
ubware

Post by ubware »

What extensions do you have? So far I've seen ietab and converter mentioned.