[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Ngamer01

Re: [Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Post by Ngamer01 »

tonalman, the original IE Tab has been discontinued. Thusly other people have forked versions for 3.6.

There's IE Tab Plus which allows ABP to work when IE Tab is active and also allows cookies to be kept when switching to IE Tab so that you won't have to re-login.

Then there's IE Tab 2 which is the spiritual successor to IE Tab. No new functions, but just bug and stability fixes.
evilpanda

Post by evilpanda »

What are the chances of getting support for Firefox x64?
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

Not likely, evilpanda.

You could try asking the IE Tab 2 developer(s?): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/92382/
brandobandit

Post by brandobandit »

First of all, thanks for this add-on. I hope you will consider making a version for Linux. I am using Ubuntu right now so I can't use this one. :)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

As has be started before-- there is no IE in Linux.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
James

Post by James »

brandobandit wrote:First of all, thanks for this add-on. I hope you will consider making a version for Linux. I am using Ubuntu right now so I can't use this one. :)

The "IE Tab" Extensions is for Windows only as it uses the actual Internet Explorer that is a part of Windows in a Firefox tab as the Extension is not a emulator or such.

There is this http://www.tatanka.com.br - IEs4Linux
rosuku

Post by rosuku »

hello
when will this add-on be updated to work wid firefox 3.6.13??
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

rosuku wrote:hello
when will this add-on be updated to work wid firefox 3.6.13??

The original IE Tab has been abandoned.

Try the forked version, IE Tab 2: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/92382/
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Locking this thread. Please see the link by Ngamer01 for a version that is supported.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Unlocking since development may have restarted.
Post wrangler
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

LoudNoise wrote:Locking this thread. Please see the link by Ngamer01 for a version that is supported.

Note: At the time 'Ngamer01' posted the above link to IE TAB V2, it's developer was impersonating himself has PCMan on that extension's AMO site when he really wasn't PCMan and was also violating GPL of the original IE Tab.(Read more below)

The original IE Tab(by PCMan) may no longer be abandoned, an official update for the original IE Tab(by PCMan) is in the works for Fx 8-9 that will possibly be released soon.

Read the details from the real 'PCMan' here:
http://forum.moztw.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34307
PCMan wrote:To begin with that Happy New Year.
I gradually after 2006 I would switch to Linux, and rarely use Windows.
In 2008, after working at the hospital, basically very little time to write the program, plus the remaining time to devote to Linux,
so no way to develop follow-up version of IE Tab.
Later the other developers to modify the IE Tab Plus (Corel IE Tab), there are IE Tab2 and so on.
For the rewrite, I am very happy to see the original, but then I discovered,
IE Tab2 directly registered http://www.ietab.net , IE Tab, and usurped the GPL source code, no further release of the corrected code, and again in addon.mozilla.org the same ID, registered PCMan fake accounts, so many people think ietab.net has taken over development. Later sent a letter to me, I proposed a little money, and then I had to be removed IE Tab. All the action is very cold, just recently a little empty, so I contacted yuoo2k, decided to re-launch version of IE Tab, the target support Firefox 8 - 9. I have some preliminary Plugin with ATL and NPAPI (npruntime) rewrite, the volume should be reduced, the efficiency would be better, but not yet complete, there should be a time for test results. Extension of the javascript part, mainly yuoo2k previously written, he is also very busy, there is no hands. Here we want to please a few things: 1. In order to prevent unscrupulous companies by foreign domestic burglary project accounting, write Javascript, this time together to develop it. 2 Please write to the IE Tab 2 project, requiring them to comply with GPL source code release. (I hope some more people to write to) 3. Please send a letter to Addon.mozilla.org Report misconduct (I have already get, but did not reply, everyone?) If you have a friend familiar with Javascript, may wish to download IE Tab of the old code: http://code.google.com/p/ietab/ (has moved to google code, use svn up) or directly from the old IE Tab Kit unlock, there is no way to change to change the look use the latest firefox. In principle, new and old plugin will try to use close to the interface, and the old plugin, it should still be used, generally only need to change the javascript. New Plugin use npruntime, so will not need to install the *. xpt component. Hope you can help, we want to get back to IE Tab-made kit. We pray for you Happy New Year

LoudNoise, Thanks for Un-Locking this thread topic.
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

this is all getting stupid and confusing now

theres a bunch of ie tab versions, some with more features than others, which is which.

i see IE Tab + by IE Tab Pro
IE Tab Plus by ietab.com, quaful
IE Tab 1.5 (out of date so irrelevant)
IE Tab v2 by ietab.net

following up on the GPL nonsense, the code was available on request, this is ALLOWED under gpl.
in regards to the domain, well, if pcman failed to register it its free to use.
Last edited by squall_leonhart on January 3rd, 2012, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

ssquall-
This is a support thread. If you have issues that are not related to actual support then take it to a new thread.
Post wrangler
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

squall_leonhart wrote:i see IE Tab + by IE Tab Pro
IE Tab Plus by ietab.com, quaful

Spawned from when IE Tab was I guess on hiatus when most people thought the original got abandoned. The developer(s) has a tarnished rep for secretly bundling adware in this add-on, so now there is two versions, one with adware and the other without it. A shame really since quaful got AdBlock Plus to work within IE Tab.

squall_leonhart wrote:IE Tab v2 by ietab.net

The more popular fork of IE Tab thanks to the problems in the other IE Tab fork. And to me, I find this one the true spiritual successor to the original IE Tab.

But I'm glad the original IE Tab devs are planning a comeback at some point. It's always appreciated when original devs come back to a good project.
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 0.20120203

The original IE Tab has now been updated for those that want to get off the forked versions discussed earlier in this thread.