keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
NGAComp

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by NGAComp »

Hi Bystander0,

Thanks for your help!

Sorry about the headbanging insert; I could have placed that better! No, it was not part of the code, I just accidentally inserted it in the wrong place.

Your suggestions prompted me to go back to the original xpi file and give that a whirl because seemingly, that is the one thing I had NOT done. Low and behold, it installed! :-) I did have compatibility turned off via MR Tech's Toolkit however but that's fine; I don't care what makes it work, I just wanted to get it installed.

I'm at a loss to explain exactly why that worked since I used the same xpi for TB that worked successfully for FF. Granted the rdf was altered on that one but only the max version setting for FF; I had not (at that point) made any such changes for TB in the rdf, therefore the min/max version settings for TB would have been identical to what they were/are in the original xpi. It was only after the xpi I had used successfully for FF failed when applied to TB that I searched the topic in order to learn what application id was associated with TB in the rdf so I'm certain that portion was unchanged for my initial install attempt.

I guess it's a moot point at this stage however. All's well that ends well, right? :-)

Thanks again for your suggestion which ultimately proved to be the fix. I hate to admit this but it honestly had not occurred to me to retry with the original xpi; I thought I had tried just about everything. While I can't explain why the original worked and the updated one did not (not for TB anyway), I'm happy that it did! :-)

Also, many thanks for the link to the appl id's!

Best Regards,

Erik
mantra

Post by mantra »

[quote="dorando"][/quote]
sadly i update thunderbird to the last built 3.1.5 :( :(
and keyconfig is not more compatible

i should not upgrade thunderbird
http://www.pcmech.com/article/clearing- ... he-how-to/
windows firefox 49.0.2 ,thunderbird 45.4 and under linux , firefox and thunderbird are always updated
ballyhairs

Post by ballyhairs »

I'm really tired of firefox updates and keyconfig not being compatible, this is so annoying
And every time I rather wait till keyconfig is compatible before I update firefox :D

Firefox makers should include keyconfig as a built-in part, I can't imagine living without it
dorando, please talk to them.

Thanks
horst

Post by horst »

the funny thing is that this update was supposed to be a security patch, at least that's how it was advertised. so i installed it anyway, leading to the situation that every time i get a bunch of spam mails i open the download window, as i'm used to ctrl-j for mark as junk. so far i didn't even know thunderbird had a download window. i'd never use my mailer to download files, but maybe i'm doing it wrong...

this whole addon idea is great in general, but to me it seems that the core thunderbird developers often use it as an excuse not to add essential features or bugfixes to the main product. why do i need an addon to configure the key binding? that's standard from opera to eclipse, pretty much every tool i use offers this.

why do i need to install the addon 'correct identity' to fix the thunderbird incapability to reply to mail threads with a constant identity? i don't know how often i received a mail to my work account and thunderbird thought it was funny to send the reply from a spare time identity.

the same goes for 'disable you', an addon that allows users of multiple identities to see to which one a mail was sent to.

all that's essential mailer functionality and for every security update i have to wait for days till all authors of these plugins are ready. i guess if one of them gets struck by lightning that will mean the feature is lost for months. if i'd know an alternative to thunderbird, now would be the time for me to switch :(
mantra

Post by mantra »

i will not upgrade thunderbird anymore

every update , i get my fav extension non compatible

can't think about the release of firefox 4

by the way a good Antivirus should be enough about security issue
windows firefox 49.0.2 ,thunderbird 45.4 and under linux , firefox and thunderbird are always updated
bystander0

Post by bystander0 »

NGAComp wrote:..Thanks for your help!.. ..

You're very welcome
jek60 wrote:
bystander0 wrote:jek60 is using Firefox 3.6.11. So am I and it still works perfectly for me.

Correct. And I was able to use the MR Tech Tookit successfully with the "right-click" and "make compatible" trick..

And glad that both of you you were able to sort out the compatibility problems.
Cattleya

Post by Cattleya »

Hi dorando : )

I have a question, Can I use keyconfig to open a tab in a new window ? And how ?

Thank in advance.

Edit: Sorry, another question : D

How do i open a program using keyconfig.

Like Open C:\logfile.log
Or open a shortcut of a program.

And a shortcut to quickly enable/disable Load images automatically.
Thank so much.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

Note that it is possible to disable the compatibility enforcing by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6' (Firefox 3.6) or 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.1' (Thunderbird 3.1) through about:config.

hllwn wrote:
dorando wrote:
hllwn wrote:Is there any workaround possible with keyconfig for Bug 78414?
Nope. You might be able to use an external program like AutoHotkey to achieve what you want.
It's been long time since I asked this. I'm using AutoHotkey. Could you please tell me how I can do that with AutoHotkey?
I don't use AutoHotkey, but it might be possible to either send key presses to the Firefox window (instead of the plugin subwindow), simulate mouse clicks on guessable places (the menu), or switch the focus away from the plugin, invoke a command, and switch back.

Baddyatwork wrote:hi can you add key so that ctrl + mouse scroll is disabled
Only shortcuts defined by a <key> can be modified with keyconfig, and mouse shortcut are not defined in that way.

ballyhairs wrote:I need a hotkey to toggle hide/show "Navigation Toolbar" or "Address bar".
Try

Code: Select all

var toolbar = document.getElementById("nav-bar");
toolbar.collapsed = !toolbar.collapsed;
document.persist(toolbar.id, "collapsed");  
and

var toolbar = document.getElementById("urlbar-container");
toolbar.collapsed = !toolbar.collapsed;

Remove the

if Firefox should not save the state.

Cattleya wrote:Can I use keyconfig to open a tab in a new window ?
Try to Add a new key (button on the lower left) containing

gBrowser.replaceTabWithWindow(gBrowser.mCurrentTab);  
Cattleya wrote:How do i open a program using keyconfig.

Like Open C:\logfile.log
Try

var file = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile);
file.initWithPath("C:\\logfile.log");
file.launch();   
Cattleya wrote:Or open a shortcut of a program.
Try

var file = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile);
file.initWithPath("__PATH__");

var process = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"]
createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);
process.init(file);

var arguments = [];
process.run(false, arguments, arguments.length);   
Replace __PATH__ with the path to the exe but replace any \ with \\
Cattleya wrote:And a shortcut to quickly enable/disable Load images automatically.
Try

var pref = 'permissions.default.image';
gPrefService.setIntPref(pref,gPrefService.getIntPref(pref) == 2 ? 1 : 2);
gBrowser.reload();   
Remove the last line if the current page should not reload.
chirpy_7

Re: GOOGLE INSTANT & KEYCONFIG

Post by chirpy_7 »

Dear Dorando,

I'm referring to our correspondence from over a year ago at

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=72994&start=1200

var nodes = content.document.evaluate('//*[@class="r"]/*[@class="l"]', content.document, null, 7, null);
gBrowser.addTab(nodes.snapshotItem(1));  

and am now writing after having had a go with / at the DOM Inspector and trying to learn about document.evaluate and XPath, but have now given up a little...

What has changed since last year? Well, "Google Instant" has arrived, and the old code no longer works reliably:

0 opens a blank tab, 1 opens the 2nd link (or the 3rd!), 2 opens the 3rd (or the 4th!) link, etc. (Instead of 1 -> 1, 2 -> 2, ... , and 0 -> 10, as before "Google Instant").

One idea:

class="l" might be the problem, as now the first search result has class="l noline vst" or the first has class="l noline" and the second search result has class="l vst", or variants thereof.

So one conceivable solution might be to make sure that class contains l but not necessarily only l...

Further, I couldn't yet find a really fool-proof explanation of the XPath content.document.evaluate() or document.evaluate() syntax. I don't understand what number " 7 " is supposed to signify in the old code. Would be great if you could comment briefly.

Thank you :D ,

chirpy

ps: yes, google instant in theory makes this a bit redundant, but I'm already v much used to it... (e.g. punching in 1, 2, 3 and getting the search results opened in the background in an instant...).
beyondo

Post by beyondo »

dorando wrote:Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

It claims "No Updates were found" and I never see "A compatibility update has been applied". It
doesn't seem possible to grab the update through the GUI. [Windows 7 64-bit, FF 3.6.12.]

dorando wrote:Note that it is possible to disable the compatibility enforcing by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6' (Firefox 3.6) or 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.1' (Thunderbird 3.1) through about:config.

Yeah that worked, of course. FF doesn't like it though causes it now displays a nag banner in the
extensions tab "...compatbility checking is disabled. You may have incompatible add-ons."
mantra

Post by mantra »

dorando wrote:Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

today another update of thunderbird and keyconfgi is no more compatible
8-[ [-o<
dorando

Post by dorando »

Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

Note that it is possible to disable the compatibility enforcing by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6' (Firefox 3.6) or 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.1' (Thunderbird 3.1) through about:config.

chirpy_7 wrote:...
Try

var nodes = content.document.evaluate('//h3/a[@class]', content.document, null, 7, null);

gBrowser.addTab(nodes.snapshotItem(0));  

beyondo wrote:
It claims "No Updates were found" and I never see "A compatibility update has been applied". It
doesn't seem possible to grab the update through the GUI. [Windows 7 64-bit, FF 3.6.12.]
That referred to Firefox 3.6.11. Firefox 3.6.12 wasn't released at that time, nor was it announced to be released yet.
chirpy_7

Post by chirpy_7 »

Thank you, dorando! Much appreciated. Works perfectly.

I'd just like to ask:

1) How did you go about finding the new / relevant css code? With DOM Inspector? Firebug? Aardvark (or similar)? Other? "Manually"?

2) What does the " 7 " denote?

3) I couldn't find a good source explaining the document.evaluate() syntax well so far. Can you recommend any online text?

Thanks,

chirpy
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

bystander0 wrote:
tonymec wrote:The latest keyconfig.xpi available at http://mozilla.dorando.at/ is dated 29-Sep-2008. Last I tried, it did NOT work with current (Gecko 2.0 beta) trunk builds (the UI came out empty, even with extensions.checkCompatibility.<version> set to false). Note that there have been… huge? No, that's too weak… gigantic changes in the whole addons subsystem recently: I think we will have to wait for an updated version, and I can understand that Dorando wants the backend to stabilize before he starts programming against it.

jek60 is using Firefox 3.6.11. So am I and it still works perfectly for me.
[...]

Right. But what I was talking about was trunk builds, i.e. currently Gecko "rv:2.0b8pre", Firefox/4.0b8pre, SeaMonkey/2.1b2pre, or Thunderbird/3.3a1pre. Firefox 3.6.x (rv:1.9.2.x) is an "earlier" code branch, it hasn't got the gigantic changes I was talking about.
Best regards,
Tony
dorando

Post by dorando »

chirpy_7 wrote:1) How did you go about finding the new / relevant css code? With DOM Inspector? Firebug? Aardvark (or similar)? Other? "Manually"?
DOM Inspector, trial and error.
chirpy_7 wrote:2) What does the " 7 " denote?
ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE
chirpy_7 wrote:3) I couldn't find a good source explaining the document.evaluate() syntax well so far. Can you recommend any online text?
The XPath Tutorial at w3schools might be useful.