[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
marnold

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by marnold »

Thanks, Mook! Works great now! I was about to give up hope.
Glauco

Post by Glauco »

Just logged in to say thanks, the new Mooks version works great.
Bilfer

Post by Bilfer »

Thanks Mook!!
curvefan

Post by curvefan »

Hey guys,

I would also like to thank Mook. Great job!

I was almost ready to give up on this great app, as I was using the older 0.5.7.5 version, and it just recently started to not show the amount of messages in either the inbox or spam folders. I have been using gmail manager for quite some time now and really love it, but I thought I might have to find something else.

I had in the past, tried updating my older version to the newer 0.6 version, but after doing so, I got a message saying something about cookies needing to be enabled whenever I tried to access any account. Cookies already were enabled.

Well, I thought I would give the newer version one last chance before I ditched it. Lo and behold, after installing I no longer got the error message about cookies needing enabled. One problem though, the snippets feature wasn't working.

So after a quick Google search I landed back here. I downloaded and installed Mook's file and voila, snippets are working again.

Thanks again.
relish1

Post by relish1 »

brand404- thanks for your mail

I installed Mook's version, now it takes few minutes to connect and still gets the count on 0 (though I have snippets).
On my other account it works great, but that's the same problem I had on 0.6.1.
Something probably on my gmail settings is doing all this troubles, and I can't figure out what...
Appreciate your help!
CAL-123

Post by CAL-123 »

Got the same problem...erratic is the word. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. BUT it does give snippets if you 'hover' over the icon. Is there any conflicts in running Gmail Notifier along with this one? Anyway, I'm going to try that...at least Notifier 'notifies'!

If there are conflicts...I'll post back.

:-"
CAL-123

Post by CAL-123 »

Works!! Gmail Notifier 'notifies' me of new mail...and then I can hover over Gmail Manager's Icon and see the snippits. No conflicts that I can see. Better than nothing!

:D
tuk0z

Post by tuk0z »

A thousand thanks to longfocus and Mook :->
3 gmails accounts in this location, with many others extensions and Mook's latest hacked GMM works great. BTW on Linux.
Firefox/-dev/Palemoon & ex-Opera fan - Arch Linux, Android, Windows phone - RAID-lvm Core i3, Atom systems
"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, be4 the Web..." - Tim Berners-Lee, July 1996
iHastr

Post by iHastr »

Hi!

I slightly modified the addon by Mook to support Firefox 4.
http://www.multiupload.com/MW8Q4Z1R12

As you know, in Firefox 4 no status bar :( But thanks to an addon Status-4-Evar, could make friends Firefox 4 and Gmail Manager 0.6.1 by Mook (account settings configured to show the icon in the addon-bar).

It works fine on Mozilla FireFox 4.0 Beta 7. Snippets are also working!

Last edited by iHastr on November 12th, 2010, 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
brand404

Post by brand404 »

CAL-123 wrote:Works!! Gmail Notifier 'notifies' me of new mail...and then I can hover over Gmail Manager's Icon and see the snippits. No conflicts that I can see. Better than nothing!

:D

Very surprised it isnt working for you comletely. I've used Notifier and find it annoyingly useless which is why i've been waiting on a fix on GMM....so far i only need the mook update and nothing more... i never had Notifier running alongside GMM so maybe try disabling it and see if GMM works with the unread count.

Other things...make sure you are using "Standard" view mode (not basic HTML) and "Turn off Buzz". These two things i know cause issues with the mook GMM version.

Besides those i can defintiely say it is a setting in GMail itself that is causing the problem for you. It might also be a unique Labs add-on within Gmail that you enabled. I've tried Priority Mail and it works fine in mook's update. I am using the latest firefox (3.6.12) in Windows 7
brand404

Post by brand404 »

relish1 wrote:brand404- thanks for your mail

I installed Mook's version, now it takes few minutes to connect and still gets the count on 0 (though I have snippets).
Something probably on my gmail settings is doing all this troubles, and I can't figure out what...
Appreciate your help!

Read my response to CAL above. It definitely is some setting you have in GMail that is causing the problem. GMM-mook is definitely 100% operational. I tried a bunch of settings in GMail to find out what works/fails and only discovered that it must be in "Standard" display mode and "Turn off Buzz". Every other combo i tried worked fine. I did not try enabling all the plugins (via Labs) of GMail though so its also possible one of these enabled things is causing a conflict?
Cal.123

Post by Cal.123 »

brand404 wrote:
relish1 wrote:brand404- thanks for your mail

Appreciate your help!

Read my response to CAL above. It definitely is some setting you have in GMail that is causing the problem. GMM-mook is definitely 100% operational. I tried a bunch of settings in GMail to find out what works/fails and only discovered that it must be in "Standard" display mode and "Turn off Buzz". Every other combo i tried worked fine. I did not try enabling all the plugins (via Labs) of GMail though so its also possible one of these enabled things is causing a conflict?

Thanks much for your info! I'll go into my Gmail settings and make sure they conform to your stated configs

Thanks!.

:)
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Cal.123 wrote:Thanks much for your info! I'll go into my Gmail settings and make sure they conform to your stated configs

Hey Cal! Yea let us know how things work out. If it was something that i didnt state then please share...in case someone else has the same problem

Cheers :D
CAL-123

Post by CAL-123 »

@ brand404 Checked everything and all seems to be configured the way you state. Even disabled all my add-ons except for Gmail Manager...no joy! Attempted safe mode...but as one has to re-boot...that just brings up all the extensions again and I don't wish to disable/ uninstall them by safemode and have to re-install. But disabling should do the same thing I would assume.

The *only* thing I do that may be different and possibly conflicting is I do have two Gmail accounts with one used as a 'dummy' account that forwards all to my main account address that I store all my 'goodies' in. :) Can't see any reason that would affect things as I've got both Gmail's boxes configured as you state using standard and Buzz disabled.

So back to using the two Gmail add-ons. They do work very well together so anyone else that can't get things working...try my method as it's better than nothing! <G>
brand404

Post by brand404 »

CAL-123 wrote:@ brand404 Checked everything and all seems to be configured the way you state. Even disabled all my add-ons except for Gmail Manager...no joy! Attempted safe mode...but as one has to re-boot...that just brings up all the extensions again and I don't wish to disable/ uninstall them by safemode and have to re-install. But disabling should do the same thing I would assume.
So back to using the two Gmail add-ons. They do work very well together so anyone else that can't get things working...try my method as it's better than nothing! <G>

@CAL-123 Hmmm...sorry about that CAL....yea your disabling the extensions is pretty much like not having them installed so ur fine.
Questions:

1) Try this: Make a New GMail Account right now and send some mail into it...Then set GMM-mook to check it. See if that works...This way we know that GMail is set to its defaults....if it doesnt work still then remove the other accounts in GMM for the time being and disable Notifier agian....and let me know if it works. Make sure to Turn off Buzz in the new Account.

2) Assuming #1 doesnt work: Now that we know Extensions arent the issue, how about the Plugins? On my side i have a ton of plugins enabled such as: Acrobat, Google Talk, Flash, Shockwave, RealPlayer, Unity Player, Silverlight, etc....Can you disable all of them via "-safe-mode" and see if this helps?

Cheers