[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
hllwn

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9 - light but featureful

Post by hllwn »

ithinc wrote:Menu Editor or userChrome.css with the help of "-moz-box-ordinal-group" property. For example:

Code: Select all

#context_closeTab {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 100;
}

Thanks but I couldnt get any of my css working. For example

#context_pinTab {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
}
did not move Pin Tab to the top second. Can you help me here? Currently I have a context menu like the left picture but I want my context like the one in right:

Edit: Paste and Go is stored in extensions.tabutils.menu.context_extra2.oncommand
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre7 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Refined UI layout
2/ Added hidden option "netowrk.dns.ignoreHostonly" to bypass dns lookup for single word typed in location bar
3/ Improved auto* options to clear auto* lists when disabling auto* feature
4/ Improved compatibility with Open With
5/ Improved compatibility with TabsGroup Manager, "open tab next" option now works well
Last edited by ithinc on December 15th, 2010, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

hllwn wrote:Thanks but I couldnt get any of my css working.
Can you help me here? Currently I have a context menu like the left picture but I want my context like the one in right:

Specify "-moz-box-ordinal-group" for each menuitem. If not specified, the default ordinal is 1.

#context_extra2 {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1;
}
#context_pinTab {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
}
#context_faviconizeTab {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3;
}
hllwn

Post by hllwn »

sorted them well with your suggestion, thanks ithinc. There's one thing more. In the tab closing options there's a group called "Focus a tab in the following order when closing current tab" Last option is where you select first tab/last tab/last visited tab. There's a checkbox near it. I think that checkbox is unnecessary, because it must be enabled no matter what. Because if you unselect all 3 checkboxes, then there is no rule which tab will tabutilities focus?
bolobb

Post by bolobb »

Is it possible to go under 36p of tabs width? Because I choose the number, the change is done, but when I restart FF is again at 36p.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

ithinc wrote:Version 1.0pre7 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Refined UI layout

Related to this, seeing the new layout, I suggest you:
  • To separate options of 'Close tab button'. You can to maintain the checkbox 'Close tab button', now without options, on the Tab Bar section, and move the other options related with tabs to the Tab section. This looks more natural for me, and you can to obtain a disposition more friendly for some locales (actually, the 'Close tab button' row widen a bit the spanish UI).
    Also, I think that for the Fx4 stable release you could to want to remove the whole section 'Show on tab bar' (controlled now with the Fx's UI), so the separation would necessary anyway.
  • Move 'Multi-row tab bar' to a new row. Again, more locale friendly.

hllwn wrote:sorted them well with your suggestion, thanks ithinc. There's one thing more. In the tab closing options there's a group called "Focus a tab in the following order when closing current tab" Last option is where you select first tab/last tab/last visited tab. There's a checkbox near it. I think that checkbox is unnecessary, because it must be enabled no matter what. Because if you unselect all 3 checkboxes, then there is no rule which tab will tabutilities focus?

I asked this before, and the answer for to unselect all was 'Is used the default's TU: last visited tab'. But, I agree too with to disable the last checkbox (as before... 0.9.9.8 version, maybe). Now I see it only as a source of confusion.

EDIT: A last thing: I see that the actions of the context menu when I have selected tabs works for all the selected tabs, except when it are explicit actions for all tabs. Well, except 'Reload tab'. It works only for the actual tab, not for the selected tabs, as I can to expect. Can you fix it?
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre8 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Refined UI layout
2/ Improved compatibility with Colorful Tabs and other tab coloring add-ons
3/ Added "Select Other Tabs"(Invert Selection) item for tab clicking options
4/ Fixed reload selected tabs
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

bolobb wrote:Is it possible to go under 36p of tabs width? Because I choose the number, the change is done, but when I restart FF is again at 36p.

There's no such restriction in TU.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

hllwn wrote:sorted them well with your suggestion, thanks ithinc. There's one thing more. In the tab closing options there's a group called "Focus a tab in the following order when closing current tab" Last option is where you select first tab/last tab/last visited tab. There's a checkbox near it. I think that checkbox is unnecessary, because it must be enabled no matter what. Because if you unselect all 3 checkboxes, then there is no rule which tab will tabutilities focus?

K4RBQT99 wrote:I asked this before, and the answer for to unselect all was 'Is used the default's TU: last visited tab'. But, I agree too with to disable the last checkbox (as before... 0.9.9.8 version, maybe). Now I see it only as a source of confusion.

Yes, TU has a fallback rule (Last visited tab).
@NickJH reported a case that one may modify the "selectOnClose" option in about:config. This may select none of First tab/Last tab/Last visited tab. So I added the checkbox to display the state more accurately. It is now improved (disabled = checked).
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:Related to this, seeing the new layout, I suggest you:
  • To separate options of 'Close tab button'. You can to maintain the checkbox 'Close tab button', now without options, on the Tab Bar section, and move the other options related with tabs to the Tab section. This looks more natural for me, and you can to obtain a disposition more friendly for some locales (actually, the 'Close tab button' row widen a bit the spanish UI).
    Also, I think that for the Fx4 stable release you could to want to remove the whole section 'Show on tab bar' (controlled now with the Fx's UI), so the separation would necessary anyway.
  • Move 'Multi-row tab bar' to a new row. Again, more locale friendly.

Thanks for your suggestions. Most are accepted and done.
ithinc

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 0.9.9.8 - light but featureful

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:ithinc, I have a linux only issue: Tab highlighting section, setting the background color doesn't work, for any type of tab. I am surprised by not having seen this before... now I tested with a new profile, using the 0.9.9.8.3 and 0.9.9.9 pre16 releases, and always I get the same problem.

The text color for tabs (or the text effects) works fine.

EDIT: With Minefield 4 beta8pre the background color works fine. The problem is only with firefox 3.6.12

This problem should have been mostly fixed. You may have a test.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

ithinc wrote:
K4RBQT99 wrote:ithinc, I have a linux only issue: Tab highlighting section, setting the background color doesn't work, for any type of tab. I am surprised by not having seen this before... now I tested with a new profile, using the 0.9.9.8.3 and 0.9.9.9 pre16 releases, and always I get the same problem.

The text color for tabs (or the text effects) works fine.

EDIT: With Minefield 4 beta8pre the background color works fine. The problem is only with firefox 3.6.12

This problem should have been mostly fixed. You may have a test.

Partially.
Actual look, with red color for background of the current tab:
(The favicon's background is red too)
Ignore the blue border on top of the active tab. It's applied by the system theme.

And with the 1.0pre8 version the css code for to set the color of the selected tabs doesn't work anymore. I have:

#main-window .tabbrowser-tab[multiselected] {
    color: blue !important;
}

Also, you can to want remove the 'Alt-click' tab from Tab highlighting for linux systems. Clicking with the Alt key pressed in -any- place of a window permit -always- to move that window dragging the cursor. Isn't possible to use the actions defined in that tab, so Alt-click now is useless.
Is possible to disable that behaviour for the alt key, but it is very infrequently.
Last edited by K4RBQT99 on December 16th, 2010, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
hllwn

Post by hllwn »

Context close tab has bug. When you right click to a tab, close tab suddenly becomes gray. Sometimes it doesn't. If it's not gray and you click close tab, tab closes but url isn't deleted. Tested with fresh firefox profile tu v.1pre8
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:Partially.
Actual look, with red color for background of the current tab:
Ignore the blue border on top of the active tab. It's applied by the system theme.

Yes, partially, exactly what I meant. The tab's background color is also applied by the system theme. TU changes the background color of the tab's children instead.

K4RBQT99 wrote:And with the 1.0pre8 version the css code for to set the color of the selected tabs doesn't work anymore.

Now it changes to:

#main-window .tabbrowser-tab[multiselected],
#main-window .tabbrowser-tab[multiselected] > * {
  color: blue !important;
}

K4RBQT99 wrote:Also, you can to want remove the 'Alt-click' tab from Tab highlighting for linux systems.

It seems not necessary. Just let it be.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

hllwn wrote:Context close tab has bug. When you right click to a tab, close tab suddenly becomes gray. Sometimes it doesn't. If it's not gray and you click close tab, tab closes but url isn't deleted. Tested with fresh firefox profile tu v.1pre8

Confirmed, thanks for the report.