[ext] Yet Another Smooth Scrolling

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [ext] Yet Another Smooth Scrolling

Post by avada »

reid wrote:Well, maybe a future version of firefox will handle this better. I also use YASS on a few newer, faster Windows systems vs. my older linux machine at home, and it's much less noticeable on them; I wonder if the OS is part of it. I could live with it in the meantime, but my #2 (YASS and scrolling no longer working at all occasionally) is more of a showstopper for me.

I never experienced such thing. Scrolling isn't smooth if you press up/down arrow while the focus is on the search field of the search bar. The only similar thing is when the focus is on a flash object like the youtube player.
reid

Post by reid »

I still run YASS on one computer. It's acting flaky for me right now (I think because of the previously-mentioned Alert Box extension). I have noticed one thing that might help pinpoint the problem: scrolling doesn't work if I keep the mouse absolutely still. If I move the mouse around within firefox as I'm scrolling with the wheel mouse, it does scroll (though not very smoothly, since it's a little weird to keep it constantly moving). Not sure what that could possibly point to, but I hope it helps....
The.One

Post by The.One »

the addon should be programmed to detect Cooliris and disable the smooth scrolling when cooliris is launched in firefox. because it causes a bad effect and also the mousewheel becomes useless in cooliris , while YASS is enabled.
black_ps

Post by black_ps »

The.One

Post by The.One »

black_ps wrote:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=568683 ,bug ?

don't think so, i have no problem scrolling in that page.
black_ps

Post by black_ps »

Maybe the problem is with Firefox 3.6.4 as i had no problem until using build 5 from Firefox 3.6.4 beta or Build 4
black_ps

Post by black_ps »

http://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6415 and try to scroll in the box under "This seems to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after you finish scrolling in the box the package will stop scrolling in the page,the scroll is working only in the box. It will not scroll the page after you finish scrolling in the box if you focus it.(the box)
The.One

Post by The.One »

black_ps wrote:http://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6415 and try to scroll in the box under "This seems to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after you finish scrolling in the box the package will stop scrolling in the page,the scroll is working only in the box. It will not scroll the page after you finish scrolling in the box if you focus it.(the box)

i did it and mine just works OK there, no problem.
black_ps

Post by black_ps »

Very strange,i did try the problem in a new profile only with this addon and i can confirm it,windows 7 x86.
black_ps

Post by black_ps »

Did you focus the box and try to scroll after the scrolling has ended in the box ( and keep the focus in the box and try to scroll down the page with the focus on the page).
knexkid

Post by knexkid »

Sorry if this has been brought up, I didn't see it anywhere but I would LOVE it if you updated this for Firefox 4. I realize it's still in beta but still. I just recently installed it and love it, but once again the scrolling sucked and your add on isn't compatible with FF 4 yet so I'm using SmoothWheel AMO and just doesn't cut it like yours does. Thanks so much kataho!!!!!
BG69FU

Post by BG69FU »

It's working great over the page area without active links, thumbnails, etc... But over clickable links (e.g. Google search) he start to breaking. Is this normal addon behavior?
jefdebruges

Post by jefdebruges »

I don't know if this is an Ubuntu thing, because making ubuntu truly usable is still a long long way to tipperary, but after some surfing & scrolling this plugin crashes, the yass-indicator freezes, and scrolling becomes unresponsive. Very annoying since I frequently have multiple tabs open, and the only thing making firefox usable again is restarting the browser. Can't remember it was like this on a Windows box, since I've been on Ubuntu since 8.04, but with Ubuntu, it has always been like that. Still the best choice, since there are only two smoothscrolling plugins available: this, and smoothwheel, that I don't like at all (except for the logo). I tend to use autoscrolling instead, but to be honest: that's not a way anno 2010 to surf the www like that... Pity that developers unwittingly forcing me to -buy a mac or -buy myself a windows licence and use internet explorer because there, natural scrolling works flawlessly out of the box!
avada

Post by avada »

knexkid wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up, I didn't see it anywhere but I would LOVE it if you updated this for Firefox 4. I realize it's still in beta but still. I just recently installed it and love it, but once again the scrolling sucked and your add on isn't compatible with FF 4 yet so I'm using SmoothWheel AMO and just doesn't cut it like yours does. Thanks so much kataho!!!!!

Yeah, an update would be nice. Although it actually works somewhat if you had it installed on your profile before upgrading to ff4, but scrolling performance is really bad compared to firefox autoscroll performance, it can really slow down and become jerky. Installing on a clean profile YASS is completely broken.
foxfrog

Post by foxfrog »

Dear kataho, your add-on is the most important add-on for Firefox ever. Without it, I wouldn't use Firefox. It is the only add-on that is absolutely a must. If I had the choice to install only one add-on in Firefox, I'd always choose YASS. Thank you so much for your work!