Firefox 4 New Add-on bar and Statusbar Discussion

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
AllSeeingI

Re: Firefox 4 New Add-on bar and Statusbar Discussion

Post by AllSeeingI »

WonderCsabo wrote:Now it's shrinking into a little icon. Nice work! Cant you add a keyboard shortcut to turn on and off the expanded state?

Done. Please note that by default keyboard shortcuts are switched off - you'll need to go to options to switch them on.

Later today I'll create a topic in extension discussions forum. UPD: here is it.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Stylish Userstyle: Firefox 4 Hide Addonbar Close Button, for those who want to Hide the Close Button in Firefox 4 Addonbar that was recently added due to bug 616014

To customize or fix Firefox nightlies and betas, you can also have a look at "My Userstyles" link in signature below.
Last edited by rob64rock on December 17th, 2010, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btang

Post by btang »

lithopsian wrote:
1) Is there a way to programatically detect if the addonsbar is shown? If so, I could check if it's visible, and if not - display a message on how to show it.

Abso-diddly-utely. The element is called "addon-bar" and you can examine the collapsed attribute to see if it is open or not.

2) Is there a way to programatically make the addonsbar visible? Such as in the previous case, if it is not shown and the user chooses to, it would be nice to make it visible for them. Though I wonder if an addon controlling a toolbar visibility considered poor practice by Mozilla.

Same way, you can toggle the bar using the collapsed attribute. There are also collapseToolbar and expandToolbar methods you could use.

I have the the same two questions. Could you give some sample code?
Thank you very much.
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Not sure if you guys have seen this or not, but it would appear the status bar shim is getting some styling: https://bug616016.bugzilla.mozilla.org/ ... ?id=494618

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=616016
Rodze

Post by Rodze »

The irony is that the way the old icons would be displayed looks better.
WonderCsabo

Post by WonderCsabo »

Where is the glass addons bar bug?
rob.c

Post by rob.c »

rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

This Stylish Userstyle: Firefox 4 Normalize the Addonbar, Iconizes, Minimizes and center aligns the old Status Bar icons and Toolbar Buttons on the Addonbar.
Tested on Firefox 4 beta 7 and latest Firefox 4b9pre nightly build.
Before:
After:
To customize or fix Firefox nightlies and betas, you can also have a look at "My Userstyles" link in signature below.
Last edited by rob64rock on December 17th, 2010, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makondo

Post by makondo »

rob,
could you please stop spamming threads with your styles? Those who are interested, will find them on us.o and for those who are not, it's just unnecessary noise. Thanks for understanding.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Yeah, it would likely make sense to start a new thread specifically for styles. If nothing else it will make them easier to find.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
makondo

Post by makondo »

Good idea! Here it is Image
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

makondo wrote:rob64rock,
could you please stop spamming threads with your styles? Those who are interested, will find them on us.o and for those who are not, it's just unnecessary noise. Thanks for understanding.

LoudNoise wrote:Yeah, it would likely make sense to start a new thread specifically for styles. If nothing else it will make them easier to find.

I understand reason about y'alls solution, but 90% time starting a new thread results in two Thread topics with people complaining and bit**in about things that they would like to know how to change if they can. I don't agree it makes them easier to find, it just causes more unnecessary problems latter down the road.

What will happen, people will still post userchrome.css fixes here and people will be directed to your "new thread" and when they can't find what there looking for because the userchrome.css solution is not there or can't find it, they will ask again, then you'll have two or three people copping an attitude about the userchrome.css posts.

When it could have been solved by one post with the answer without all that unnecessary attitude or tension caused from those who want to ex cert power or authority and without two Threads with complaining and bit**in about Firefox.

I try most of the time to only post userchrome.css about Thread subject matter, here: Addonbar or Statusbar of Firefox 4. Others userchrome.css about Url preview in: Url preview annoyance thread, userchrome.css about Tabs in title bar in: Thread about that subject or drawing in the title bar Thread, Or quick userchrome.css fixs in Nightly Build Thread or any other Thread when someone asks for one.

Since, people suggest extensions, should we start a Thread about Recommended Extensions?? Let me know if that Thread exists and I will take back my sarcasm.

Has the OP of this Thread: Firefox 4 New Add-on bar and Statusbar Discussion, I personally don't have a problem with people placing userChrome.css fixes about the Addonbar or Statusbar of Firefox 4 in this Thread Topic, because there still about the same subject matter.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

I agree with you rob64rock. FF4 needs plenty of tweaking and most of us aren't smart enough to figure out how to do it. Thank goodness for that or we would all be using IE or Chrome !
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Updated 12-18-2010
Firefox 4 Normalize the Addonbar: http://userstyles.org/styles/41232
To be compatible with Userstyle:
Firefox 4 Autohide Add-on bar: http://userstyles.org/styles/37319
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

rob64rock, You know better. ;)
Please stop X posting.
One thread on Styles is more than enough.
makondo already posted ^^^^, the link to it.
Thanks.

Seasons Greetings.

[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)